Updates:
I met a lawyer yesterday. The insurance pays after everything is settled, that's the normal procedure. My insurance pays a maximum of 10000 rmb for hospitalization, 2000 for damage to another vehicle, and 110000 rmb in case of death or disability.

The girl insisted to do the surgery. I'm not sure surgery was necessary, maybe the doctors at the hospital just want to practise cutting people up. Here's a couple of photos of the x-ray. The girl is 22 years old.

Cost of both operations, one to put in the implant, another to remove a year later, is maximum 30k rmb. We're offering them 40k. The lawyer said if they chose to take legal action, the most they can get is the cost of the operation. Let's see how that goes. I'm still waiting.

Here's a photo of the street where you're not supposed to cross. We crossed the same way she did, only the streets were empty, as always when it's cold in Kunming. I was wearing my full face helmet, which I rarely use, I'm not sure if that was a factor in the accident. I was not drunk, sleepy, tired or in anyway distracted, but still I only saw her when I was a few meters away. Actually, I didn't know she crossed the fence, my girlfriend saw that. The girl does not deny that either, but she said she was right near the fence, not in the middle. Impossible because I distinctly remember hitting her from the right side of the bike and not hitting the fence. Also, I'm sure I was in the middle of the lane, where else could I ride. I do accept fault for riding a bit too quick in rush hour.