Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Had an accident

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
  1. #111 Re: Had an accident 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Or still don't turn on headlights in very heavy rain!
    In rain, in fog or in twilight hours but they drive around all night with their high beams and fog lights on blinding everyone.

2. #112 Re: Had an accident 
    Quote Originally Posted by soberpete View Post
    fog lights on blinding everyone.
    Since they found out there another 2 light in front of their car, they utilize that at clear weather night too -- yeah, I'm have 2 more lights than yours.
    I started to notice that 2 or 3 years ago in my home town, they used to not know how to turn those on.
    Screw those idiot drivers.
    同志仍需努力

3. #113 Re: Had an accident 
    Bumping the thread is not to bring the bad memory to OP, but I didn't see cc's good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by corporal_clegg View Post
    what I'm talking about when I say Chinese are by nature snitches, ...under the rule of ...during which communities were collectively punished for the wrongdoings of one (wo)man. So they evolved to create a society wherin people are afraid to do anything because their neighbours will give them up in a heartbeat to save themselves the punishment...
    Ask all SME owners, they would say they expected most of male employee are nature traitors.

Back in primary school if you snitched you got punished, we quickly learned that it was up to the person themselves to come forward and do the honorable thing and, in school at least, they usually did. If they chose not to for personal reasons, they could count on their classmates to stand by them.

"I guess the Qing Emperor's were more efficient than the English at rooting out wrongdoers."
    Yeah, thank you, emperor. Your people are not killing each other for living.

The person who was hurt more by the accident (physically or monetarily) is the victim, right and wrong doesn't really matter.
    This how it get started

The only protection I can think of then is to do the Chinese thing in the case of an accident. If a car cuts me up again and I come off on the road you better damn well bet that I'm going to be the one rolling around on the floor crying for an ambulance and x-rays and compensation. Will see who's trying to run away from the scene then.
    There was a scuffle in my neighbourhoods school the other day and the mother of one of the children took him to the hospital for x-rays, we laughed at first and mocked her molly-coddling but in all likely-hood she was building her own case for her sons victimhood in case the other boys mother would start getting all Chinese on her ass.
    Pretty or ugly? you decide.

There has number of similar cases, the recent one was made popular was a old brat crossing fence felt over, a car driver pull over and helped her a bit, the driver was accused hitting her. The court concluded the driver was 50% responsible. The driver paid a few ten thousands. How the court conclude that was 照顾弱势群体.
    Last edited by td_ref; 09-30-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    同志仍需努力

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112