Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    Those came off my buddy's 68 BSA where he got them prior IDK could be ebay

Last edited by Gardo; 04-06-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #102 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I've read through this thread and I'm liking Tha Heist a lot. My only concern with buying one is highway riding. Most of my riding is back roads and around town, but I would like to make a few longer highway trips (about 300 miles). I'm 6'4" and about 200lbs, so I'm worried about top speed. After getting new jets and a new exhaust, would this bike cruise easily between 65 and 70 mph for a few hours or would that be pushing it? Thanks for your help, and great work on all of your bikes so far.

3. #103 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    I've read through this thread and I'm liking Tha Heist a lot. My only concern with buying one is highway riding. Most of my riding is back roads and around town, but I would like to make a few longer highway trips (about 300 miles). I'm 6'4" and about 200lbs, so I'm worried about top speed. After getting new jets and a new exhaust, would this bike cruise easily between 65 and 70 mph for a few hours or would that be pushing it? Thanks for your help, and great work on all of your bikes so far.
    most likely not gonna happen on the highway with a 229cc over head valve motor, even if you could get it up to 65+ there is no way the engine can sustain that speed for a long periods of time. However I could be wrong and this motor might be able to take the stress but I wouldn't still wouldn't trust it. Short distances on the highway I can see getting away with but nothing more then maybe 10-20 miles at the very most cruising at 65+

4. #104 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    I will have my bike Friday and plan to spend the weekend tryin to answer that same question. I will let you know what I find out. I have an exaust that is supposed to jump the bike from 229 to 235hp, and with jetting and different sprockets I think I can achieve a cruising speed of 65mph. We'll see...
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

5. #105 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    ktmracer:

lmfao sorry man your not going to have 235hp! haha I needed that laugh today sorry hehe
    The bike has 229cc = 15 HP so your not going to gain cc's by installing that exhaust but you might gain .2 HP
    the only way your going to gain any power out of these motors is to get a big bore kit and there is no one making them. I did find a site that claims they have an over bore kit but they never responded and I emailed them 10 times.

6. #106 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    ktmracer:

lmfao sorry man your not going to have 235hp! haha I needed that laugh today sorry hehe.
    Ya, sorry, typed that wrong. The email I have from the exaust co. did make big promises. I am holding back on the release of the company name until I can prove the mods work as promised or not. We'll see...
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

7. #107 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    +1 Aboshi

The Heist is at it's best around town. Yeah I can do 60+, but it's not the ideal situation for this bike. Gets pretty buzzy around there. Short Highway trips no prob, grin and bear it. Long distance touring, just not the right bike for that.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

8. #108 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    KTM -- Ahahah 235hp. Thats funny. If it's the D&G pipe I can vouch for it. It does add power you can feel. Even before a rejet.

I put up a vid with it here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kb96gt/5564888553/
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

9. #109 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    most likely not gonna happen on the highway with a 229cc over head valve motor, even if you could get it up to 65+ there is no way the engine can sustain that speed for a long periods of time. However I could be wrong and this motor might be able to take the stress but I wouldn't still wouldn't trust it. Short distances on the highway I can see getting away with but nothing more then maybe 10-20 miles at the very most cruising at 65+
    That's is what I figured. Maybe I'll pick one up in a year or two as a second bike to customize and mess around with, but for now, looks like I'm gonna go with a suzuki sv650 that I found.

10. #110 Re: My day at PIT Motors LTD and the CCW Tha Heist 
    Well i'm gonna put the bike through its paces. planning a run to Americade this year, we'll have 5 riders heading up and maybe a trailing vehicle. the old man and i are planning an alt ride route that will keep us off the through way and up the Toconic where the speed limit is 50mph. Its a 200 mile 1 way trip.
    Will be doing some rides up to my mom's place to get a some not so short jumps in, they are about 70miles from me
    The alternative is to get the Sporty he has sitting in his garage running and take it up.

the bikes going up are 2HDs 1 Screaming eagle, 1 street bob, 1 Honda GW750, 1 Honda Rebel, and me on the Widow (tha heist)
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast