Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    C-Moto Noob
    Need some advice:- i have a pulse adrenaline 2009 model and have had no real problems till now. The problem is that it starts well enough but when i try to run it it cuts out when trying to get the revs up, I've had a similar problem in the past but that was when he bike was just running of the battery, but i've checked the battery and it's charged well the chain and sprockets are getting changed. any help would be very welcome(i am miles away from the nearest garage but would also like to no what is going on and fix it myself)

2. #2 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    This could be lots of things but probably just shit in the carby.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #3 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    This could be lots of things but just shit in the carby.
    I really advise against this - it causes havoc and is very unpleasant for those that have to clean the jets afterwards............

But drain and clean the carb
    Last edited by bojer; 03-22-2011 at 06:54 PM.

4. #4 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    bojer,
    Very funny
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #5 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    bojer,

Very funny
    Nice to be appreciated !!

6. #6 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have an other question what size and how do u get the rear wheel circlip off(the one keeping the rear wheel sprocket in place, it's a rear wheel break disk).

7. #7 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    C-Moto Regular
    No idea what size it is but you can sometimes get them off with a couple of small screwdrivers but it is a whole lot easier just to buy some circlip pliers - get some that do internal and external clips - saves a lot of swearing !

8. #8 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    There are a few different circlip pliers unfortunately. I have three sets and none fitted my rear circlip! In the end I managed with very long, thin needle nose pliers, and a small screwdriver in my mouth as you need three hands. Then you take the circlip to the bike shop or hardware store and get a replacement one because you have stressed and bent it, and get some pliers while you are at it for in twenty three years time when you next want to remove the damn thing. then you get home and putting it back in place you find that some bit of metal gets in the way of the pliers and you wasted $25 and use three screw drivers in your mouth instead, again stressing the circlip as you pound it back into the groove. Then you ride for a few hours worried it will break because of the strain you put it under. Then you forget and ride safely for weeks and it breaks and your wheel falls off which is a bugger. Apart from the last bit, thank goodness, it all happened to me.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

9. #9 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    There are a few different circlip pliers unfortunately. I have three sets and none fitted my rear circlip! In the end I managed with very long, thin needle nose pliers, and a small screwdriver in my mouth as you need three hands. Then you take the circlip to the bike shop or hardware store and get a replacement one because you have stressed and bent it, and get some pliers while you are at it for in twenty three years time when you next want to remove the damn thing. then you get home and putting it back in place you find that some bit of metal gets in the way of the pliers and you wasted $25 and use three screw drivers in your mouth instead, again stressing the circlip as you pound it back into the groove. Then you ride for a few hours worried it will break because of the strain you put it under. Then you forget and ride safely for weeks and it breaks and your wheel falls off which is a bugger. Apart from the last bit, thank goodness, it all happened to me.
    LOL ! - I spent 30 years without circlip pliers - removed quite a few in that time with scribers/screwdrivers/needle nosed pliers etc - bought two sets of "adjustable" external internal pliers and the few I have removed in the last couple of years have been much easier - not so entertaining though !

10. #10 Re: pulse adrenaline lack of drive 
    Funny, I just fought the rear wheel cir-clip on my bobber. My cir-clip pliers where not up to the task so I went with jape's three hand job. Gotta invest in some decent pliers.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast