Hey anyone catch the moto gp racing at Qatar this weekend, awesome racing on a floodlit circuit in the middle of the dessert..

http://www.motogp.com/en great pictures and details here

my thoughts are:-

Honda look very strong, 4 bikes in the top 5!! so fast on the straights. At one point i thought it would be a Honda 1,2,3.Stoner looked really at home on the new bike and looked like he could have gone faster if he needed to

Yamaha and Lorenzo came good at the end with a solid performance and he looked super happy at the end to have finished in second. Spies is a gifted rider and was probably a bit dissapointed not to get in the top 5.

I think Simocelli is one to watch this year, very fast and aggresive, reminds me of a young Rossi.

Speaking of Rossi, what a start!! haha he pulled a few places back at the end, but he can't be happy with 7th, maybe Qatar isn't a Ducati track, in the past they were horsepower kings, with Yamaha handling the best. But with Honda upping their game, Ducati need to do some more testing. I wonder if they fixed the nervous front end this year?

All in all some great racing, and its nice to see a British lad mixing it up with the 5 Spaniards, 4 Italians, 3 Americans, 1 Ozzie, French, Jap Chec.. it looks to me like a great season of racing ahead.. bring on the madness of Spain!!

Haha and what the hell happened to Toni Elias???