Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. #51 Re: Some spring rides 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Which is in stark contrast to this thread where the guys in Shanghai still haven't come up with a decent ride less than 3 hours from the city after 27 posts.

ChinaV
    Euphonius, are you gonna take this lying down? ?
    Those expressways look awfully tempting to me. In less than 3 hours we can get to ........

2. #52 Re: Some spring rides 
    Great pics ChinaV, as always your reports are highly appreciated on this forum. Funny how green your pictures are compared to the ones in Chinabiker's recent reports. I prefer the weather in chinabiker's reports.

A general thanks to both of you for reminding us shanghai boys what a shithole we're stuck in....

3. #53 Re: Some spring rides 
    Quote Originally Posted by dewsnap View Post
    Excellent ride report ChinaV. Thanx again. Your photo's are always top notch. I agree, it is a real blessing to have a missus who enjoys the bike. For my wife it's all about the destination rather than the the thrill of the ride. I'm hoping the bug'll bite eventually.

I still think that you're rubbing it in a bit tho, we all know that Shanghai sucks for motorcycles but at least us poor Shanghai riders are trying to work with what we've got. I think the fellas in Shanghai should use this comment as a call to arms and get out there and prove fun can be had on two wheels no matter where you are. Felix, Euphonius etc, you're not standing for that are you surely?
    My wife is mostly interested in the scenery and restaurants. The destination is important, but the restaurant at the destination is more important. One valuable thing I learned early in our relationship was to feed her often (every 4 hours). As long as she's not hungry, she pretty much enjoys the ride, although hundreds of tight turns can make her a bit queasy, so I have to slow it down.

I'm just picking on you Shanghai folks because I thought it was funny when I read Milton's quote:

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    I have to declare that "Scenic road" and "close to Shanghai" are oxymoronic.
    There are a lot of things you guys have in Shanghai that we will probably never get down here in Dongguan. Access to freeways and license plates come to mind, along with good foreign restaurants. I know most people choose to live there for professional reasons, not for the scenery, I wish you guys all the best in breaking free of the concrete jungle and finding some riding paradise.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #54 Re: Some spring rides 

WTF?
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Fixed Photo Link

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456