Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    Yeah, the bikes just a little too tall for me at 5 '11. Bit too heavy for a skinny newbie too. Massive tank.

I feel for the guy. That's what really worried me about the YBR. After reading Euphonius' posts about gangs of bike thieves driving round in trucks following riders.
    The YBR250 is now probably one of the most desirable bikes around, and i'm guessing at the top of any thieves wish list. I see very few of them around Shanghai so i'd be paranoid that i'm a moving target. The Raptor less so.

2. #22 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    I did talk to a guy who owns one over the weekend who was pining after his stolen YBR250.
    At about 25,000rmb first hand I'm pretty worried about people wanting to steal the YBR that I am about to get .
    I will get an alarm installed and also buy the bulkiest damn lock that I can find to put around the wheel. Anybody know about some other security devices/ measures? I should really start a post asking about this subject.

3. #23 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by soberpete View Post
    At about 25,000rmb first hand I'm pretty worried about people wanting to steal the YBR that I am about to get .
    I will get an alarm installed and also buy the bulkiest damn lock that I can find to put around the wheel. Anybody know about some other security devices/ measures? I should really start a post asking about this subject.
    have a look here :: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...trackers/page5

4. #24 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    Pete security idea, ground anchor and western quality chain, but attached through frame.

Mammoth%20Bolt-in%20Ground%20Anchor.jpg

Although usually in Shandong thieves target electric bikes, but you can't be too careful with your bike. Oh yeah, cheap mountain bike in the city or cheap scooter.

5. #25 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    That's a heavy duty looking chain and anchor.

I've bought a Martian alarm system (150rmb) and a Hamlock disc lock (320rmb) for my bike so far. Probably gonna buy another disc lock, the Luma brand is apparantly pretty good. Not cheap though. (between 300-600rmb) I'm also gonna use my old scooter U-lock (80rmb). I think 3 locks and an alarm should deter any bike thieves. It'll be a pain in the arse locking it up every evening tho.

Really like the sound of the GPS tracking device, but a monthly subscrition is a hassle i don't really need.

martian alarm.jpg

hamlock.jpg

u lock.jpg

luma lock.jpg

My wife was just laughing at me for taking pictures of my locks. I think she has a point. Maybe i should get a life.

6. #26 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    The plates have arrived!! I'm picking the bike up 2mora.

I brought all my farkles down to the store and they said i'd have to wait a day for them to install everything. (brake levers, wing mirrors, rim and tank stickers, horn, HID light, alarm system etc)

My friend has just bought the 125cc version of the same bike and i rode them both briefy today...

..The first thing i noticed is that there is absolutely no difference in acceleration bewteen the two bikes below 4000rpm. I was obviously riding very slowly but did push it upto 4000rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear and the bikes were on par. The 125 is only slightly smaller but noticably lighter than the 250cc version. The 125 has a little dial to show what gear you're in but the 250 doesn't. My bike seemed to struggle to go into 1st gear from neutral but the mechanic said that's just because it's new. No such issue on the 125. The front brake on my 250 was very, very keen, but the rear brake was poor. I'll ask the mechanic to look at that 2mora. The stopping power on the 250 overall felt much sharper than the 125.

I was also surprised by how forgiving the 250 was for a clumsy rider. I'm a newbie and far from smooth with the clutch and working through the gears, but i never stalled it. The 125 was very different, i stalled that a few times and seemed to be bouncing all over the place.

Anyway, i'll try my best to review this bike when i get it, but i lack the technical knowledge to write a ZMC style review. If anybody has any questions about the bike please fire away, i'll try to answer them best i can.

Cheers.
    Last edited by dewsnap; 04-04-2011 at 10:28 AM.

7. #27 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    Also, if any Shanghai riders wanna help me review this bike then you'd be more than wecome to take it for a spin. Just send me a PM.

8. #28 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    Quote Originally Posted by dewsnap View Post
    That's a heavy duty looking chain and anchor.

I've bought a Martian alarm system (150rmb) and a Hamlock disc lock (320rmb) for my bike so far. Probably gonna buy another disc lock, the Luma brand is apparantly pretty good. Not cheap though. (between 300-600rmb) I'm also gonna use my old scooter U-lock (80rmb). I think 3 locks and an alarm should deter any bike thieves. It'll be a pain in the arse locking it up every evening tho.

Really like the sound of the GPS tracking device, but a monthly subscrition is a hassle i don't really need.

martian alarm.jpg

hamlock.jpg

u lock.jpg

luma lock.jpg

My wife was just laughing at me for taking pictures of my locks. I think she has a point. Maybe i should get a life.

Security? Hahahaha, what a joke.

You don't want to know more.

9. #29 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    I can't see that pic/vid.
    I do want to know more...

10. #30 Re: Regal Raptor DD250G-2N 
    There is just a vid how people demonstrate how those "secure chains" get breaken in 20 seconds without any power other than human muscles give.

Sorry can't help you how you can see it.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast