Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: New XF200 owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New XF200 owner 
    Hi all. I've spent some time perusing the site and others before buying, but I now own a new QLink or Jinan Qingqi or whatever you want to call it XF200. I have spent a while on supermotojunkie.com and found my way here via members JTC and zugzug. I like the international forum, it seems like more info gets shared that way.

About me, I have been riding since I was young, mostly off road. After I got married I bought my beloved SV650S and have been riding her for the last 7 years. She has 37000 miles and a bunch of track days. I always loved the off-road feel and wanted to get that on the street. I have been looking at supermoto bikes for a while, but could never manage to save up the money. So that's where the XF200 comes in. I got a smoking deal on this one, and while it is no Husqvarna SM610, I think it will be a lot of fun.

My brother has already laid it down with about 2km on the clock, so I don't have to worry about keeping it pristine. Only some light scratches on the plastic. My planned mods are to remove the stickers, 16T front sprocket, possibly raise the bars or swap them out, and ride it as much as possible.

The first issue is to get it legal, which is proving to be a bit of a hassle. The dealer is 300 miles away and sent me an MCO that wasn't notarized. And he is on vacation. So I need to get him to send me a notarized MCO, then apply for a title and registration, then get it inspected. Then ride it!
    2002 SV650S
    2006 CR250R
    2009 XF200

2. #2 Re: New XF200 owner 
    Here are some photos of my SV, in case anybody is interested.

2002 SV650S
    2006 CR250R
    2009 XF200

3. #3 Re: New XF200 owner 
    And here is my CRF250R. I like pictures...

2002 SV650S
    2006 CR250R
    2009 XF200

4. #4 Re: New XF200 owner 
    dmmcd,
    Welcome to the mad house. And yes we like pictures also.
    I also have the XF200 and she is a blast to ride in the mountains of WNC.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #5 Re: New XF200 owner 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear DMMCD,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of guidance and support here, most of it welcome, as you start working with the Qingqi. As Barnone has noted, you are far from alone with that bike. And, yes, we love pictures -- the more the better. Don't be shy.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: New XF200 owner 
    Welcome!!

The cool thing about here is the Chinese based members who find all kinds of secret thingys and stuff direct from China!

BTW, I saw a nice TLR 1000 (I think that is what it was called) today--your SV reminded me of it. I used to have a DR250s the year before electric start ('91?--brain getting old ) so am impartial to Suzuki--is that your reason for the Qlink?

7. #7 Re: New XF200 owner 
    C-Moto Noob
    I OWN A 2008 QLIK XP 200. I BOUGHT NEW FROM LOCAL DEALER 1600 OTD. I LIVE IN ALABAMA SO WE HAVE PLENTY OF MUD AND DIRT. SO FAR I HAVE BEEN PLEASED WITH THE BIKE. I HAVE DONE NO MODS TO IT. I HAVE 4KIL ON IT. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ALL BOLTS AND SCREWS O THE BIKE OFTEN. I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE AND TIGHTEN MANY VERY OFTEN. REMEMBER THIS BIKE IS NOT MADE FOR SEVERE OFF ROAD RIDING. I HAVE BUSTED THE SEAL ON THE MONO SHOCK AD HAVE HAD TO REPLACE IT. THE LADY AT QLINK TAMARA IS GREAT AT GETTING ME OIL FILTERS AND A REPLACEMENT SHOCK. GO AHEAD AND ORDER THE SHOP MANUAL YOU WILL NEED IT. FOR THE MONEY YOU CAN NOT BEAT THIS BIKE. JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERYTHING ON THE BIKE OFTEN.
    THIS IS A GOOD LITTLE PLAYBIKE ON DIRTROADS AND BACK ROADS. THE MAIN THIGS THAT NEED TO BE IMPROVED ON THIS BIKE BY Q-LINK IS AN ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION AND A BETTER MONO-SHOCK. THE REAR BRAKES ARE POOR QUALITY AND THE REAR HUB IS THE MAIN CONCERN FOR ME. I SAW A GUY HAVE HIS COMPLETLY SHATTER IN PIECES. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS MADE OF BUT IT NEEDS TO BE A MAIN UPGRADE FOR QLINK. THE METAL IS EASY TO CHIP AND SPOKES WILL EVEN CUT INTO IT. IF ANYONE AS FOUND A RPLACEMENT WHEEL THAT WILL FIT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THE REARWHEEL DEFINTELY NEEDS A QUALITY DISC BRAKE ON IT AND A QUALITY WHEELHUB. I MAINLY RIDE DIRT ROADS BACK ROADS AND TRAILS. THIS BIKE WOULD BE PERFECT IF THEY PUT A GOOD BEEFY SUSPNSION ON IT AND THE REAR WHHEL STUFF. PLEASE TELL YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BIKE FOR ANY OWNERS OUT THERE. THANKS

8. #8 Re: New XF200 owner 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Welcome, Tidefan, and glad you are enjoying your Qingqi.

By the way, there were several responses to your posts in February about the leaking monoshock. Did you see those and were they helpful?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: New XF200 owner 
    C-Moto Noob
    YES THE SHOCK CHANGE WAS EASY. ANYONE KNOW HOW OFTEN VALVES NEED ADJUSTING. MY DEALER DOES NOT SEEM TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT THESE BIKES. I HAVE GOT GREAT INFO FROM THIS SIT.

10. #10 Re: New XF200 owner 
    C-Moto Noob
    OH I FORGOT I ALSO SAW ANOTHER POST ON THIS SITE ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON HAVING THEIR REAR WHEEL SHATTER. I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE I SAW IT. THAT HUB CONCERNS ME. ANY AFTERMARKET REAR WHEELS FOR THIS BIKE OUT THERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast