It's hardly a ride report but i've just had the pleasure of an afternoon riding around Shanghai in a sidecar. My first time in a sidecar and what an experience.

The CJ 750 is a beast of machine!

... I've never seen an engine as big in my life, the sound is deafening. Plenty of low end pull, and a surprisingly comfortable ride. I thought i'd be bouncing around all over the place in the sidecar, but it was smooth on some really uneven roads. We drew plenty of attention as the bike's a proper looker and really roars.

The owner is an American guy i met in my complex last week as i was taking pics of a Harley parked in our garage. Turns out he's also a bike enthusiast with 3 China bikes and he lives only 5 mins away. I told him about this site so i reckon we'll have a new member soon.

Anyway, we went out riding through the Minhang District of Shanghai today and found some decent countryside right on our doorstep. There are plenty of sites out that way that i never knew about. We found camp sites, big lakes and rivers, and a strange tennis villiage that seemed to be abandoned. Kinda spooky walking through it.

We also found big mansions tucked away in forested areas and i was surprised to see a big swimming pool and bowling complex right out in the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing they catered for the mansion owners. We also spoke to a Chinese family who were out fishing in a rickety old boat. The guy had a gret haul of fish.

It's amazing what adventures you can get upto on such a short trip. I'm now looking forward to a long summer of riding in China and discovering new places.

Anyway, here are some pics if your interested...

P1060414.jpg

P1060444.jpg

P1060426.jpg

P1060430.jpg

P1060448.jpg