Hey all, after spending so much time reading the ride reports by others, it's finally time I participate too !
Don't set your expectations too high though, I just had the bike a few weeks ago, so nothing spectacular in terms of ride reports, no I didn't ride it all around China and back !

Took a day off yesterday, followed approximately the same itinerary posted by Felix here : http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post18033
Thanks Felix !

It was my first whole day ride and everything went perfectly well. This kind of ride is an amazing training for everything China may throw in your way on the road (trucks, dogs, children, bicycles, and even a motorized forklift entering on the Huqingping expressway just in front of me and so fast the guy lost control of it just in front of me....). Riding 500km in China = 5,000km in Europe or USA...

I made it as far as Dongshan (Taihu Lake), they have a brand new road there, perfect asphalt all around the coast, no cars, it was soooo enjoyable to take those turns at speed and leaning the bike quite a bit.
Picture 034.jpg

Saw some strange sights along the way, including this one on Dianshan lake
Picture 007.jpg
An aircraft carrier, on a lake... yeah, why not... TIC...

Achieved a (small) milestone (check the odometer)
Picture 033.jpg

Totally the trip was maybe around 350km (not sure, I didn't check the meter before, duh..), I'm at 700km total, really time to do the service maintenance which was supposed to be at 500km...

Some sights along the way (nothing impressive, just the lake...) :
Picture 025.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

From the middle of April, I will have a lot more time on my hand (negotiated a deal with my boss to work 3 days/week), so there will be more trips (2 or 3 days trips) and of course farther away. Zhejiang, here I come ! ;-)