Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. #81 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What about the Galaxy TGR250, because that's the model I would prefer to get?

Dead and buried, Galaxy is not making the TGR anymore.

I've been scavenging all the spare parts I can find to keep mine running for a long time. One of the nicer China motos I've owned.

If you just need an enduro bike without registration, look for 正林250 or 新版正林YZR 250-A on Taobao.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #82 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Dead and buried, Galaxy is not making the TGR anymore.

I've been scavenging all the spare parts I can find to keep mine running for a long time. One of the nicer China motos I've owned.

If you just need an enduro bike without registration, look for 正林250 or 新版正林YZR 250-A on Taobao.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    You've had the XTR before as well right, any comment on the latest XTR models? The ADV版 model on their Chinese version of the website seems to have a slightly larger suspension travel than the other 2 models.

I would prefer to get a bike I can register so.

Thanks,
    Barry
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

3. #83 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You've had the XTR before as well right, any comment on the latest XTR models?
    Nothing wrong with the XTR, but if you're over 175cm tall and 85 kilos, you might find it a bit small.

Non-linked suspensions work well on KTM's, but Shineray and Galaxy do not have the experience necessary to make them work correctly. If you're riding serious rough stuff, the linked suspension of the TGR seems to work better. If you're riding dirt roads and the occasional trail, the XTR will probably be fine.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #84 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    KTM has gone back to linked suspension.

5. #85 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    KTM has gone back to linked suspension.
    They must have seen the results Galaxy was getting with the TGR and decided to copy them.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #86 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    deleted.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-10-2013 at 05:45 AM.

7. #87 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrance View Post
    Hmmmn, a comrade, who shall remain un-named procured a new 250cc bike not too long ago.
    The vendor said they could do C3 certificate, he was thinking it was going to be a box of chocolates, you know, you never know just what your gonna get.
    When it arrived there was a C3 certificate, frame/chassis and engine numbers all matching the new beast, with the minor exception the engine size was listed as 150cc!!
    So from his point of view there was no problem to go to the local authorities and register her.
    I think this is the primary means Chinese manufacturers are dealing with C3 for the short term, until R&D catches up.

I am now waiting on delivery of a CQR 223cc Jialing from Chongqing.
    I did not as yet pay the extra I believe RMB350 for the C3 certificate, but nor did I pay the similar extra amount for the fapiao...
    Regret is creeping in slowly, but I am sure I should be able to liaise with my CQR's vendor at a later date, maybe after my next pay cycle!
    So.... Any luck with getting it registered?

8. #88 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    So.... Any luck with getting it registered?
    I would be interested in that too! I asked one seller and he also told me the bike comes with CCC certificate but originally it's not. As for registration the authorities will also inspect/check the bike, so my guess is that they will find out it doesn't have CCC... proof me wrong, please. :)

Update: I just contacted another seller and the young lady told me that all of their bikes have C3 and there is no problem to get them plated.
    So i just asked if i can see the certificate and she wrote "==" (chinese for wait a minute)... that was an hour ago, still waiting.
    I guess they will make a little collage for me now, sure this is time consuming. ;)
    Last edited by Cromson; 10-22-2013 at 09:28 AM.

9. #89 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    I was actually given a C3 certificate, however the engine numbers did not match my bike.
    I discovered this while at my local Yangzhou police vehicle management facilities, well they pointed it out to me.
    Something I should have checked before going there. I was able to ride away without to much fuss, the powers of the lowai.
    HIndsight is 20/20. I should have paid the little extra to my seller for the fapiao (tax receipt).
    Also, had I paid the little extra he was going to sort out the engine number issue.
    I.E. polish it away and restamp the C3 engine number before shipping.
    Sometimes they will place a new compliance plate on the frame somewhere.
    Bottom line is, as long as the basic frame and engine numbers match your bike, the local police are not really going to know whether it is a 150cc or 250cc.
    Anyways, I was not ever able to register my CQR because of this.

P.S. It is much better to be riding around on a bike without a registration plate, than to use a false plate.
    A local family friend procured an old local plate of an old scooter, which I used on my CQR.
    Until one day I hit a truck, fractured my foot, police came, took pictures, inspected my bike, deemed it illegal and took it away on the back of a small truck. I was told even though the truck was technically at fault, due to my shady plate I could not get any compensation from the truck driver. I was also told I must go to prison for 15 days and pay a 5000RMB fine due to using a fake rego plate. After a little negotiation we paid the traffic cop 1000RMB under the table, and he was even kind enough to give me the release papers for my bike so I could pick it up from the impound yard. Had I been rego plateless, they would have still confiscated the bike, but much less serious, a much smaller fine and ability to reclaim the bike from impound.
    P.S.S. Yes my P.S. is off topic, but I possess a car factor of, I don't.
    "The world is boundless, yet the heart controls all."!

As we say in Australia, Stay Upright!

10. #90 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    @ Murrance

What you experienced is what i'm aware of, so i want it all legally done.

The seller finally did send me a picture of the certificate... unfortunatly its unreadable, could also be a cooking receipt.
    She told me that her cellphone is crap and that i could come by and check the certificate. Maybe i'm getting old and my eyes are not so good anymore:

CCC3_certificate.jpg

I asked her where they are located... surprise surprise Chongqing. I said that i'm in Kunming and also asked her why they advertised on a local website as a Kunming based company. No answer so far...
    Last edited by Cromson; 10-23-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789