Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Bloody nice panniers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #52 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    I'm afraid i have no info about that bike. They are making it for sure because one member from south america said they were on sale in his country, i can't remember under which brand though. Don't hold your breath for any qingqi bikes, they've been promising that 250 since 2009 and still can't get their shit together...

3. #53 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    ok, i'm getting frustrated, 8 months in beijing and i still dont have a bike. so there is no chinese bike kind of qingqi gm200 that you can easily buy and register in beijing for the moment? any safe place to buy a used one?

4. #54 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by filipu View Post
    ok, i'm getting frustrated, 8 months in beijing and i still dont have a bike. so there is no chinese bike kind of qingqi gm200 that you can easily buy and register in beijing for the moment? any safe place to buy a used one?
    I can absolutely relate to your comments. I have been working towards buying a 200cc plus bike for some months as well. Checked out some used bikes over the last WE but most of them are really just a piece of crap or have no licence or come without any documents at all. My decision now is to buy a new JH150GY-3 Jialing to get some riding experience during the rest of this year and then hope that manufacturers come out with some new C3 compliant models over the winter and then I buy a larger bike next year.

5. #55 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    That little Jialing actually looks like a fun bike!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #56 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    @fahni after your post i thought that maybe i should do the same, but after euphonius comment i know i will look like an idiot on it with my height. do you know where i could see this bike?

7. #57 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    @ euphonius: also feels ok. Looks like CRazyCarls first ChinaMoto. My bike-savy friend who was with me (thanks by the way) also said it was ok. Just not sure how she will climb mountains with her 12 hp and then me, my gf and luggage on her back. Did not start it up or ride it...

@ filipu. not sure if you think the bike would be too small or too big. I am 1.85 and the bike seemed perfect. I am a little bit worried about my gf though...

I have seen this one in black in a shop @ 旧宫东路 but it was not well assembled. Rear sprocket loose and front fork way to soft (probably springs too short or whatever) and they did not really care about these issues. So will have a look around to find the same model at another dealer with better craftsmanship. Right next door to that is another shop with a nice but more sporty (seat!) zhongshen dual-sport and lots of other brands (Yamaha, Regal Raptors, even some 2nd hand BMWs)

8. #58 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    @fahni are you plannimg to go there this weekend?could i join you?my motorcycle knowledge is zero. I would appreciate your company.

And is that c3 only in beijing?how about registering in hubei?i m not thinking about fake plates.just does any dealer offer such a service same way as they register outof 4th ring?

9. #59 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Hi filipu,

I got my bike yesterday! Made a down payment on a used one with only 160 km on the meter and will go to www.beijingriders.com probably saturday to pay the second half and discuss final adjustments and registration. The people there seem fine and Paul, a french guy working there can help with communication. Just visit their website, go to "contact" and dial the first mobile number given, it is Paul.

As for visiting their shop together: If your knowledge is zero on a scale from zero to ten, mine is probably one but I would be more than happy to help. Wait for my PM, ok?

The other shop told me on the phone yesterday that the total price for the bike including registration (京B) and insurance would be around 8.500, at beijing riders you will have to pay maybe around 10.000.

C3 is now mandatory for all of China and if the information on this and other forums is correct, then there are no exceptions made. Still, Hubei seems to be a place where at least all these CJ600s can get some kind of registration. But I strongly advise against getting a fake plate. If you get caught this could get you into a very unpleasant situation. After all, it is fraud and you probably would not do the same in your home country...

10. #60 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yeah... hard to get information from the manufacturer

So i finally decided to go for a second hand Japanese as I couldn't wait anymore

ALIM3338 - Copy.jpg

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast