... done to achieve C3.

Andy

2. #72 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Bahahahahaha.

3. #73 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Ha, money game.
    同志仍需努力

4. #74 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Hmmmn, a comrade, who shall remain un-named procured a new 250cc bike not too long ago.
    The vendor said they could do C3 certificate, he was thinking it was going to be a box of chocolates, you know, you never know just what your gonna get.
    When it arrived there was a C3 certificate, frame/chassis and engine numbers all matching the new beast, with the minor exception the engine size was listed as 150cc!!
    So from his point of view there was no problem to go to the local authorities and register her.
    I think this is the primary means Chinese manufacturers are dealing with C3 for the short term, until R&D catches up.

I am now waiting on delivery of a CQR 223cc Jialing from Chongqing.
    I did not as yet pay the extra I believe RMB350 for the C3 certificate, but nor did I pay the similar extra amount for the fapiao...
    Regret is creeping in slowly, but I am sure I should be able to liaise with my CQR's vendor at a later date, maybe after my next pay cycle!
    "The world is boundless, yet the heart controls all."!

As we say in Australia, Stay Upright!

5. #75 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrance
    Hmmmn, a comrade, who shall remain un-named procured a new 250cc bike not too long ago.
    The vendor said they could do C3 certificate, he was thinking it was going to be a box of chocolates, you know, you never know just what your gonna get.
    When it arrived there was a C3 certificate, frame/chassis and engine numbers all matching the new beast, with the minor exception the engine size was listed as 150cc!!
    So from his point of view there was no problem to go to the local authorities and register her.
    I think this is the primary means Chinese manufacturers are dealing with C3 for the short term, until R&D catches up.

I am now waiting on delivery of a CQR 223cc Jialing from Chongqing.
    I did not as yet pay the extra I believe RMB350 for the C3 certificate, but nor did I pay the similar extra amount for the fapiao...
    Regret is creeping in slowly, but I am sure I should be able to liaise with my CQR's vendor at a later date, maybe after my next pay cycle!
    Yep, they've been doing that for years, especially Shineray, who put bigger engines in for their Chinese customers, not just because of emissions, but also because some of their models can't be registered, because they haven't gotten round to buying the China CCC guy a baijiu dinner with 'a happy ending' yet!

It's very unlikely, but you might run into trouble after an accident if a Chinese car driver found to be in the wrong goes 'digging' to save money, but you'd likely only lose 20%-40% in compensation, is all that would happen I think.

Personally a carbo Chinese bike is going to be much more reliable than an EFI, unless it is a Yamaha, Suzuki or Honda joint venture.

6. #76 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    XY400** is now C3 compliant, at a price quoted at 21300 rmb, according to the following report in a Chinese forum:

http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...t=%D0%C7%D4%C2

7. #77 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    the other model on the list a LJ200ZH http://www.hayongsheng.com.cn/english/xxxx.asp?id=651

8. #78 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    C-Moto Guru
    Any news on C3 for the Galaxy bikes and/or QingQi 250? I'm hoping to add a dirt bike to the garage!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

9. #79 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Any news on C3 for the Galaxy bikes and/or QingQi 250? I'm hoping to add a dirt bike to the garage!
    Galaxy XTR 250 and SUV 250 both are C3 approved. Strangely enough they are not fuel injected but still have passed the C3. QingQi 250 is nowhere in sight.

Galaxy SUV 250 is an interesting model. It is a knockoff of Honda FTR 223. Personally I think it is the best all around model for China touring. However, its reliability is highly doubtful, unless you replace the tires, wheel bearings, chain, rear shocks, etc., which may turn it into something halfway decent.

10. #80 Re: Legal bikes discovered post-C3 emissions rules 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    Galaxy XTR 250 and SUV 250 both are C3 approved. Strangely enough they are not fuel injected but still have passed the C3. QingQi 250 is nowhere in sight.
    What about the Galaxy TGR250, because that's the model I would prefer to get?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast