Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Howdy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Howdy! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ahhh.... Vic vs. HD. This usually unleashes a ton of comments and controversy on other bike sites. That being said, there's vast differences between the two brands. I still love HD's and will probably own another someday...especially if I can run across an Evo FXR, when I got the expendable $$.

The only real similarities between the two is that they have two wheels and are V-Twins, albeit different V angles. That, and they're both American made.
    While the HD remains the 'tried and true' pushrod, 2 valve setup of old, the Vics are OHC, 4 valve heads and have always been injected.
    The Vic motor is unit construction with gear drive primary instead of having the motor/primary chain drive/trans, be 3 seperate pieces all bolted together. The primary and secondary drive on the HD's is all on the left side where the Vic motor has the primary gear drive and secondary belt drive on opposite sides. I could go on but I don't want to bore you. So far, they've been flawless. Even the 02. Not even a phantom 'check engine light' or anything. I just service them and ride them.

2. #12 Re: Howdy! 
    Ok thanks. Vics seem to be more technically advanced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12