Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    Qlink does not sell these, they actually sell Jiajue scooters.

I like the PEPE they are for sale here not that cheap though, $1,700.00.

I will have to take your word on that, I see only 491GT for the older models no older images of a PEPE all new and also everywhere.

I heard rumors that the management at Qlink is considering becoming partners with Keeway. But could be my suggestion coming back at me? I keep saying they need to share resources.

2. #32 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    Qlink still has active EPA certificates, but so did American Lifan right before they closed up and they still have a website. Zongshen America went out of Business in 2010 and they still have a website? Makes you wonder who is paying for the websites?

Those sites likely get a lot of traffic, they may believe that some day they can just reactivate them?

3. #33 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    I would bet that the distributors network , basically as distributed warehouses. They likely transfer sales based on the location of the sale. If an order is placed by a person on the east coast then inventory, regardless to who processed the order comes out of inventory held closet to the customer.

I have a warehouse locally that sells Chinese products, I am hard pressed to believe that if I order something from a location in California that it actually ships across the country if another dealer has one in its warehouse located in my city.

So having multiple warehouses dispersed across regions is what they likely are doing. Many websites and each sell online and also some locally thorough stores. But the central agent that being data base admin(importer) sees all the inventory and credits sales in trades, based on proximity to the warehouses. That minimizes shipping distances and in that saves lots on costs.

These are not the mom and pops these are actually big warehouses. The admins of the websites get credit for sales and so does the processing warehouse.

When the order comes in they get credit for it, that explains all the multiple websites. Then it gets processed by the warehouse that is closest that also get a percentage. Local sales get the most commission, so many also have a local storefront or sales showroom.
    Last edited by MJH; 03-25-2013 at 05:28 PM.

4. #34 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Now THAT'S customer service...

CC
    CrazyCarl! He lives! He posts!

Good to hear from you buddy! And thanks for keeping MyChinaMoto online and out of jail...
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234