Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    It seems to be true that Qlink Motors will be offering Shineray in the USA?

This motorcycle seems to be joint venture products between a Korean Company Daelim and the Chinese manufacturer Shineray. Daelim is offering the 5A above with a 250cc water cooled engine, Shineray also offers that same 250 engine in its dual sports.

Qlink is not saying much other then they will be offering a 250 sport bike and dual sports. Whether they offer the oil cooled 232cc (169MM-A) single the XY250 come with or the water cooled 249cc (170MM) used on the X2 has not been disclosed yet. Its entirely possible the very cool naked sport bike will not come to America this time around…they may be bringing only the XY250-5A (Chief) and in a water cooled version. For those paying attention Qlink had a version of that engine in the Megelli (Bennche) and it jumped ship with the then product manager. Vengeance maybe…I am sure they would like to come back with a competitive model and maybe even a better price? A better warranty for sure!

The X2 Dual sports are a for sure…..hopefully they will sell better then the Pisterpro versions did, they offered a similar model and discontinued importing them. When asked why…they offered only nobody wanted them. But keep in mind Pisterpro did not offer a 2 year warranty and offered little information on theirs. They also were accused OF never stocking parts for that model….Qlink will not make that mistake.

2. #2 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I had an email from Qlink last year. I had submitted an interest in becoming a dealer several years ago, and out of the blue, the email came from a new manager of something or another (taking over for the old product manager who left for Bennche). There were about 11 new bikes shown, and about 8 of them were put into Qlink's lineup. what hasn't made the cut as of yet, if ever, was a 350 sport bike similar in appearance to the one shown above. I assumed that it was from Tank's old lineup when they were offering a brand called 'Xi' The other two bikes shown that haven't shown up in their lineup yet are the Shineray motard and enduro.

The mention of Bennche is a good one as the only Megelli to hit the US as of yet is the sport bike. The half-fairing sport bike and the motard never made it here. On their facebook page, a guy asked about the half-fairing model, and the response was that they were updating that model with fuel-injection. If Qlink brings the Shineray motard and enduro soon, they will beat Bennche to market. If they price it at MSRP of $2999 and discount it to the mid-2k range, they might move some as Qlink have credibility from their XF/XP 200's. Pitster never seemed to push their XTR 250 enduros/motards, and they were quite pricey for an unknown company. They never seemed to catch on elsewhere, either, such as the UK (CCM had them for a few minutes). Not sure about sales in S. Africa via Puzey where the bike originated, and ironically, Puzey dropped the OEM for some reasons as mentioned here a few months ago by a guy with connections to Puzey.

3. #3 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I came across it on Alternative Cruisers….

The 2011 sport bike will be called a Qlink RS250R and have a target price of $3,300.00. I am fairly sure that poster on AC is a Qlink regional sales manger for the north east…David, he chimed into to a thread once on china riders when they first offered the v-twin cruiser. So it seems to be legitimate, also Qlink is saying the new models will be offered on a newly designed website.

It will be interesting to see how Qlink modifies the models for the USA….
    Last edited by MJH; 04-05-2011 at 05:09 PM.

4. #4 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I see the 169FMM(VJ250-1) rated at 14kw@7500rpm, 19.6N.m @6000 and that’s higher then what had been listed previously on that engine. That’s off the Shineray website.

The Roadwin is big global seller…its offered primarily with a 125cc engine in most markets. I personally like the naked version. But it is not likely they will configure it with a water cooled 250...issue of the radiator and incorporating it. But the faired version does offer the more powerful 250.

However the oil cooled 232cc, if the power rating above is true, is adequate for that model, I would consider one, it is nice clean looking bike.

5. #5 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    This is very likely what the Qlink RS250-R will look like.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-05-2011 at 06:17 PM.

6. #6 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I would say that the sport bike with the water cooled engine would sell reasonably well for Qlink. That bike on a dealer showroom floor at $3,300.00 would get some attention. The 2 year warranty is a confidence builder as well.

I kind of would like to see the naked and with the lesser engine offered and for a lower price, it would sit good next to the faired bike with a sticker of $2,750.00. I personally would be reluctant to pay that much for one but others may…to me its only worth about $2,500.00 out the door.

I would think that offering to the mainstream taste is a good plan, but they might want to consider offering alternatives in smaller numbers on the side. The street racer looks like so many other bikes, some buyers do not desire that and others do. Related to people that assume it is something else opposed to people asking what it is….some would rather have something unfamiliar and other enjoy people assuming it is something else.

I’d like one in black please and for $2,500.00...

7. #7 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    C-Moto Regular
    The XY250s are for sale here in Uruguay under the brand Winner and Mondial... The Sportbike is for sale at USD 2990 and the naked is a bit more expensive (dunno why) at USD 3490... now, word on the street is that they're crap, personally don't know the specific reasons but people say they're unreliable and fragile (plastics parts/trim/etc) and almost everybody is getting rid of them (classified is full of many examples).

Here we are usually paying double of what you pay in the US, so, taking our prices this time, these things should be around USD1600-1800 in America, not more...

8. #8 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    There are some review of the Roadwin online…
    http://www.themotorcyclereview.com/c...im-roadwin-f14

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/reviews/...-roadwin-23159

http://www.ukbike.com/Daelim_Roadwin-review.aspx

Daelim does not have distribution in the USA….http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...e_Scooter.html

Keep in mind the Qlink bikes would have a different engine then the Winner, the Modial bike with fairing is only a 200cc and likely a totally different bike that only looks similar. However the Modial naked for $3500.00 USD is the same and that's the model I think I would pay $2,500.00 for…if it had a 24 month warranty.

I kind of agree on the pricing of the 233c bike and the naked could be sold here cheap there offered wholesale for about $1,200.00 which means they can get them for less out of the factory…so about $2,000.00 would be realistic and $500.00 for all the extra like taxes freight and prep, title.

Qlink does not use wholesalers they work direct with factories and they also modify the bikes…they actually do police quality well.

9. #9 Re: Qlink/Shineray 

10. #10 Re: Qlink/Shineray 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast