Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Qlink/Shineray 

2. #12 Re: Qlink/Shineray 

3. #13 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    Small four wheelers for the street by CECTEK and also for off-road by CFMOTO.
    As well as Peugeot and SYM….

A good business model for importing; is one that distributes more then one brand, multiple brand distribution is a superior business model to that of re-branding multiple manufacturers brands under a single brand name.

Offering a single distributor and within that single distributor support multiple brands, offers the OEM brand name recognition that they can build on in the market.

Larger distributor better economy of scale, offers a one stop for dealers and a central contact for different lines of products.

Such a business model that CMI presents could be developed in the USA and include multiple manufacturers brands.

One single distributor site and linked to multiple individual brands….

Canadian Motor Imports INC.

4. #14 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I would say this is all BS....Qlink may eventually offer new models but not a single model listed above as of today has EPA approval.

5. #15 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    This is who Qlink gets their cruisers from; Zhejiang Qianjiang Motorcycle Co., Ltd.
    http://www.qjmotor.com
    http://wn.com/QIANJIANG_MOTORCYCLE_INTRODUCTION

Big Yawn……

For 2011 qlink has only one other OEM other then QJ (above).

That other OEM is Zhejiang Jiajue Motorcycle Manufacturing Co.,Ltd
    http://www.jiajue.com/

Jiajue only has one motorcycle listed and only offers a single artist rendering of a 250cc Sport bike. Jiajue's marketing logo or trade mark expression is that of “Road Swallower”. I would like to see them add to that…"cause spitters are quitters. "

Here is the image….could that be the Qlink mysterious new 250cc sport bike.…how many mysterious unicorn bikes are there? Nobody ever has actually see one.

Qlink has not imported any 200cc Qingqi dual sports since 2009. Oh yeah and the Megelli is listed in the EPA approved model list they have it rated with 12.5Kw….things that make you go hmmm? Is the model with a 27hp NX250 engine floating on an EPA test for a totally different engine? There is that glaring 10hp variance again.

6. #16 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    Qlink added the Shineray motorcycles to its model line….
    http://www.qlinkmotor.com/index.php

A 250cc water cooled Motard MT250 and Dirt bike DB250...

7. #17 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    For sale online already...

For $3,900.00....

8. #18 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I wonder if this the DS250 that Qlink is saying is coming soon.

9. #19 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I think it’s a dual sport version of the others and they could not find a picture of one?

Typically most qualify the models in the prior year…as in getting the 2011 ready in 2010 for a timely release. It may be or obviously is these are a midyear release and that must be why they are not listed for having an EPA certificate?

I would say likely sourced from…. http://www.fastglobalsupplier.com/ca...category_id=65

But I could be wrong!

When offering a warranty they estimate the cost of that warranty and then charge it back to the costs of each unit. So taking off the warranty should lower and it does lower costs per unit…it should also lower the sale price, if not then it raises the profit margin per unit.

I see a 30-day warranty on these and also prices from $3,650.00 -$3,900.00 !

I would say ideally the distributor goes to the factory in china and then monitors the production and also add some customization to make it identifiably theirs. The other side of that is buying from a wholesaler that is getting the volume discount and may or may not be monitoring quality.

Here are (379) KLX250 and they range in price from $2,850.00 to $5,599.00, within that range is new never titled 2009 models for $3,999.00 not a few there are a lot at that price. Of that 379 half are over $4,450.00 and half are below that amount.

It is entirely possible to get a new 2009 KLX for $3,599.00

http://www.cycletrader.com/Kawasaki-Klx-250-Motorcycles/search-results?make=Kawasaki|2318344&model=Klx+250|764857 979&vrsn=hybrid&sort=price:asc&newsort=1

10. #20 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    I wonder if this the DS250 that Qlink is saying is coming soon.
    Not bad.

These MJH's bike reports are by the way superior to bike reports in any magazine I have read. Keep doing the good work, MJH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast