Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Man, those Chinese fonts rule so much. I feel the need to mod my bike to have them too. Power Words in Chinese

2. #22 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    I think this is the DS250... Image taken in ChongQing is my guess.
    DS250.jpg
    Apparently it's already for sale through a couple dealers but it hasn't been updated on their website. It's basically the X2 with racks.

http://elitewebworx.com/bulldogpower...&products_id=5

They claim to have 20 units in stock. Asking 3500.00 USD.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Not bad.

These MJH's bike reports are by the way superior to bike reports in any magazine I have read. Keep doing the good work, MJH
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #23 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    I do not know what Q-Link is doing but they seem to be dropping the ball.

They are only a distributor and should seriously consider offering name brand marketing services.

They could offer distribution services for the manufacturers they offer products from.

Shineray, HiSun, Qingqi…if possible they could assimilate back with Megelli and even CFMOTO.
    They could also handle Keeway distribution.

That is how they should approach the market allow dealer to select from a wider range and then they would have a better economy of scale.

They all have staffing for such small volumes, if they can make it all efficient and organized they would do much better offer more choices under one shared system for distribution. That would allow them to lower prices and subsequently displace the online discounters. They need to increase unit sales and lower unit margins, basically selling more for less by combining with others.

That is a matter of having warehousing and information systems and logistic all in place. They then could attract other manufacturers and offer more model lines. Having such a systems would allow smaller offering from more manufactures. They could basically test the market with sample offerings.

4. #24 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    They really are asleep at the switch SYM distribution is or was up for grabs.
    There is no need to label products with Q-LINK it could drop back behind the actual real manufacturers name.

Having more would attract more dealers, simply being a major distributor of brand names builds force over time.

Offer services like documentation and distribution and advertising, then offering it all into established dealer networks.

Those dealers can then choose what they feel will sell in their markets. They can mix and match and then have a single source for support.

5. #25 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    I would say that eventually the joint venture manufacturers will break away from their foreign counterparts. They desire that they would or will possibly buy out the foreign investor, if they do then they to will seek distribution abroad. If you are a large distributor in the market nobody can or will beat you with smaller operations. The cost of distribution falls with higher unit sales. If the system is fee based then manufacturers carry costs and will not offer products that do not sell well. However having a large system would allow them to attempt to enter and will succeed and grow if they offer the right products and for the right prices. The distributor can and will halt the sales of poorly made and unreliable products or if supply of part is not easily accessible.

Getting to a fee based system takes time…but would be most efficient. It requires demonstrate established access to dealer networks. Which mean they must receive profit on sales and also good and timely support.

Online sales are not impossible, it is that of direct shipping to consumer that is very limited and short sighted. Products can be sold online and shipped to designated dealers it is just that those dealers need to be compensated to agree to such an arrangement. That of online sales is also limited not all will buy sight unseen.

It all requires connection to the dealers the largest and highest volume dealers and can only be attained by the largest distributors.

6. #26 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    I do not know what Q-Link is doing but they seem to be dropping the ball.
    I agree, but the original idea of Qlink was to grab some good products from different manufacturers and bring them into whatever market it happened to be (i.e. the US) and rebrand them as their own. I found it interesting that they had 2 of the CFMOTO bikes which were redundant here in the US as CFMOTO had the exact same bikes. I do think that the brand was stronger under Johnny Tai's direction, but he saw greener pastures with Bennche, and so they had to continue without him.

From what I read on their (I think now defunct) facebook page was numerous complaints from a few disgruntled customers of their side-by-sides. I felt they went downmarket when they recently offered the 2 cruiser bikes from Vento reading how many problems there were with Vento a few years ago.

But ultimately, before getting too much off-topic, is that Qlink is a brand, not a distributor. Distributing a wider range of products for manufacturers would create headaches, in my opinion, as I mentioned with some of the problems I read about on facebook with the products they already had/have!

I do think they might have been able to narrow their distributors down a bit. For instance, Qinggi already supplied their very popular enduro and motard, so it would have been natural to add Qingqi's street bikes and scooters to the mix, and much easier as well. In retrospect, perhaps it might have been advantageous to rebrand Shineray's bikes a few years ago, instead of now?

7. #27 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    Qianjiang is the manufacturer of the V-twin that is also offered under the Keeway brand which is actually Qianjiang.

That is the company that own Benelli, they make very nice 2-stroke scooters that they sell under the Benelli brand.

However the brand Benelli, Keeway and Qianjiang are really one and are all connected.

Qlink is no longer offering CFMOTO but they are still offering Qianjiang and in that again is redundancy.

They build relationships then fracture them, it is all little egos.

Offering through one representation to each dealer may be a headache to manage for a distributor, but the reward is in attracting dealers. The name of the game is establishing and maintaining dealers.

Selling through one systems of warehouses, managing logistic both international and transcontinental collectively is far more efficient. There is redundancy and in that duplication of costs in operations it all cuts into the margin.

8. #28 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    Qlink still has a website, however I've been told they are no longer responding to emails or answering phone calls. However they still have current EPA certificates for 2013.

9. #29 Re: Qlink/Shineray - DS250 
    That is the company that own Benelli, they make very nice 2-stroke scooters that they sell under the Benelli brand.
    Pepe is at least 15 years old Bennelli's design, from the time when no one knew that out there exists some Qianjiang.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #30 Re: Qlink/Shineray 
    Now THAT'S customer service...

CC
    Qlink still has a website, however I've been told they are no longer responding to emails or answering phone calls. However they still have current EPA certificates for 2013.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast