Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. #121 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 

Fuck me that's beautiful...

2. #122 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I'm certain the YBR250 is made by Jianshe Yamaha in China. But it is also made in Brazil.
    well, everything is possible BUT with a market of what? millions of potential bikers ::: why do you think they do not have any bikes at the factory? why is is that in a city of what? in between 4 and 10mio people the yamaha outlet(s) have a total of 2bikes available? so... lets say they sell 2000 ybr 250's a year all over china - doens not make much sense to produce it in china (meaning like the whole bike) - certainly sure they assemble the bike in china. anyway do not really care as long as the quality is as good as it it on my bikes! so i hope there will, at some point, be more bikes like the ybr250 coming our of chinese factories!!
    what other bikes does jianshe yamaha manufacture in china (+200cc???)
    AND more to the point - you got any contacts there - as mentioned ::: as them to send 5bikes tomorrow ;-) (honestly!!!)

3. #123 Re: YBR 250 going TIBET 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeta View Post
    great pictures of the land, post some of your bike too, so we can see your ride.
    well, looks like any other yamaha 250YBR ;-) - but thanks for the flowers, will post some bike (rinding) pics soon.

4. #124 YBR 250's over TIBET 
    C-Moto Regular
    Tibet-Holy Yamdrok Lake.jpgYBR250cc-Tibet Gyantse Monastery.jpgYBR250-Tibet Yumbu Lakhang.jpgSome pics of recent trips around Tibet with our trustworthy companions the Yamaha YBR 250cc bikes

5. #125 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 
    I just bought a YBR and I'm told it's in the process of being licensed.

I had to take it red, even if my color of choice was black, because black was not available.

They said 3 months to have one black!

It's plausible some key parts of the bike is made elsewhere and there is a shortage of it. By the way the YBR 250 is sold everywhere else than China and Brazil with the name Fazer.

Heiri, would it be possible to participate to one of your tours with my own bike? I have already Visa, driving licence and all, just need tibet permit,

6. #126 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marcomagica View Post
    I just bought a YBR and I'm told it's in the process of being licensed.

I had to take it red, even if my color of choice was black, because black was not available.

quote: Yamaha Fazer 250 was presented to the public in Brazil and is to be launched in Europe in 2011, replacing the YBR250. Check the review to know the features, price and technical specification. 2011 Yamaha FZ1 Home, Real-world performance that will make your everyday ride extraordinary.

hi marcomagica, where did you buy you bike?? they have more than one in their showroom? price? you got a phone number and name??? really need some bikes!!!

JOINING A TOUR - yes, should be possible especially since you (will) own a ybr as well! have a look at www.asiabiketours.com for dates and more and get in touch for more info
    all the best
    heinrich
    It's plausible some key parts of the bike is made elsewhere and there is a shortage of it. By the way the YBR 250 is sold everywhere else than China and Brazil with the name Fazer.

Heiri, would it be possible to participate to one of your tours with my own bike? I have already Visa, driving licence and all, just need tibet permit,

[QUOTE=marcomagica;30929]I just bought a YBR and I'm told it's in the process of being licensed.

quote: Yamaha Fazer 250 was presented to the public in Brazil and is to be launched in Europe in 2011, replacing the YBR250. Check the review to know the features, price and technical specification. 2011 Yamaha FZ1 Home, Real-world performance that will make your everyday ride extraordinary.

hi marcomagica, where did you buy you bike?? they have more than one in their showroom? price? you got a phone number and name??? really need some bikes!!!

JOINING A TOUR - yes, should be possible especially since you (will) own a ybr as well! have a look at www.asiabiketours.com for dates and more and get in touch for more info
    all the best
    heinrich

7. #127 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by heiri
    bikes at the factory? why is is that in a city of what? in between 4 and 10mio people the yamaha outlet(s) have a total of 2bikes available? so... lets say they sell 2000 ybr 250's a year all over china - doens not make much sense to produce it in china (meaning like the whole bike) - certainly sure they assemble the bike in china. anyway do not really care as long as the quality is as good as it it on my bikes! so i hope there will, at some point, be more bikes like the ybr250 coming our of Chinese factories!

READ your Vin plate!! JYM Jianshe Yamaha YB250

The Sakura tires? CCC sticker? They are made mostly for export! Anything automotive imported into China has over 100% tax on it which means you'd be paying 50,000 RMB plus for them each if they were made in Brazil and shipped here.

How is it I know this? Well I had a Sundiro Honda CBF150, I've also only seen about 10 others over a 5 year period in China. Shit, they must really be wasting their time with manufacturing those here, I thought. Then I actually read something on the 'internet thingy' and found out even though they didn't sell many in China, the bike was actually a massive hit in Turkey, and fairly popular in The Philippines, Singapore and Hong Kong, and was even manufactured in India too, then I understood that to find something out I had to actually find information rather than relying on a hunch.

8. #128 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post

READ your Vin plate!! JYM Jianshe Yamaha YB250

The Sakura tires? CCC sticker? They are made mostly for export! Anything automotive imported into China has over 100% tax on it which means you'd be paying 50,000 RMB plus for them each if they were made in Brazil and shipped here.

How is it I know this? Well I had a Sundiro Honda CBF150, I've also only seen about 10 others over a 5 year period in China. Shit, they must really be wasting their time with manufacturing those here, I thought. Then I actually read something on the 'internet thingy' and found out even though they didn't sell many in China, the bike was actually a massive hit in Turkey, and fairly popular in The Philippines, Singapore and Hong Kong, and was even manufactured in India too, then I understood that to find something out I had to actually find information rather than relying on a hunch.
    does not make much sense to discuss here what we (at least i ) can not prove. give a shit anyway as long as the quality is good.
    your honda cbf150 thing makes sense although 1) brazil is selling the ybr's to europe and the us for sure - where would JYM plate be selling to?
    2) Vin plate.. (well they have differnent Vin plates all over europe...) - but
    thats fine..
    i would be more interesting to know for if if your dealer got more than ONE bike (because i need them and not to because of the "made in... " discussion

have fun (and i am sure you will) with your ybr!!!!!!!!!!

9. #129 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 
    Hi Heinrich,

I bought mine in Fuyang but probably it came from another dealer near Hangzhou, actually I didn't follow the purchase process directly and I'm not even sure about the final price. It should be either 28k or 26k, I know I paid more expensive than others but I wanted to buy locally and I wanted them to take care of licensing the bike.

In fact the bike is already licensed, too bad I can't ride it yet as I am travelling abroad. I will ask at the end of this week if they have more bikes in Hangzhou but I doubt, I think I bought the last one.

For the tour I'll check dates and see, but I think it shall be for next summer as now my schedule is a bit tight. For the price of the tour I suppose we can cut it substantially as I would bring my own bike and you won't need to face the "bureaucracy" of "facilitating" the driving licence. Am I right?

10. #130 Re: YBR 250 needed URGENT!!! 
    Heinri I've given you enough facts. Not sure if you believing the outlandish or ridiculous because it makes you happy or pissing me off gives you pleasure, but you are wrong and you are defying logic.

1. It is cheaper to manufacture in China than anywhere else, why would a manufacturer import parts into China if they can make them here?
    2. Most bikes made in China are exported, that's why you don't see many of them on the streets.
    3. Chinese and Brazilian versions of the same bike are available side by side in Yamaha dealerships in many countries, to give customers a price choice.

I'm not discussing this again.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast