Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Apollo AGB 31-2

1. #1 Apollo AGB 31-2 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi im thinking about buying a new bike and im wondering if anybody has got any experience with the apollo/hyeng brand? I'd like to have your opinon on build quality /construction etc on these and also the availability of parts. The place where im about the order from does'nt sell pre-assembled ones. What should you think about in general when buying a bike on the internet?
    The only bad thing i managed to spot is that the side covers seems to be threaded to the lower part of the tank

http://www.apollovehicle.com/Motorcy...roke)_382.html

Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    ch

2. #2 Re: Apollo AGB 31-2 
    which country are you based in?
    on the moped side of things i can tell you that is a Yamaha/Minerelli AM6 replica engine, i would say build quality jsut abit below that of a spanish built bike and those need quite abit of maintenance to keep going but saying that being a clone engine if it is a direct copy parts for engine and driveline wont be a problem at all plus mean you can modify it big bore kits 70cc, 80cc or the biggest iv seen for them a 90cc kit and so amny exhuasts out there for a AM6 engine

3. #3 Re: Apollo AGB 31-2 
    C-Moto Noob
    Okay thanks for the answer :)
    the Minarelli AM6 seems to be a pretty reliable engine or what do you think?
    are there any obvious design flaws that you can spot?

The reason for me wanting to buy this particular bike is the design and also its brand new and seems to have some nice 'premium' features such as dual disk brakes
    i have'nt been considering to buy a used moped yet.
    Do you have any info regarding the Apollo brand? is it a fairly known brand?

Im from sweden btw :)

Best regards
    ch

4. #4 Re: Apollo AGB 31-2 
    Hej
    ahh okay if it were the UK i could advise some dealers here but any who, the engine it depends really in yamaha's hands its a reliable engine since its not too stressed but given to aprilia where its fine tuned in the RS50 for more power when deristricted its somewhat un reliable i would suggest taking it easy to properly run the engine in first so that it has a longer life in the use of it. im not to sure but i know of a design flaw in the water pump but this could just be a aprilia/derbi/gilera problem the piaggio groups having been troublesome with this engine.

as of yet i am to see a apollo on the road but i have seen many for sale that have been used before but these are all of the fourstroke variety for more information on the 2 stroke one that you are looking at i know of a orion company in the netherlands that could probably help out more about the brand than me
    http://www.orionmotors.nl/shop/index...215895c81722e7

5. #5 Re: Apollo AGB 31-2 
    C-Moto Noob
    Okay thanks mate
    A quick search on 'Pulse Evo 50' on google turns out to show a similar bike , the model code is also the same AGB 31-2 , is it perhaps the same bike :p?

thanks for the advice on the engine but what are your thougts on the moped overall , suspension etc

best regards
    ch

6. #6 Re: Apollo AGB 31-2 
    yh pulse is a UK based company thats entire range are chinese built bikes that are rebranded for there company overall pulse are quite good for quality.
    overall i would say its quite a good package on whole good 2 stroke oil yamalube, castrol, agip or rock Racing 2 stroke oil i would suggest straight in there you will notice the difference if you ride it at first with low grade oil in it a sign of a good 2 stroke oil is the smell of the blue smoke from the exhaust best way to tell i think, suspension wise if the rear has preload adjustment adjust that for a stiffer ride in the summer so it handles better the USD forks changing the oil and making sure it has good fork seals would be good guage to how well the bike is built these little things all make a big difference in my mind. being in sweden i would suggest a better battery as chinese batteries are not good in the cold but i do have a good tip for cold starting if it wont start on either that is to use the electric if its just about moving the piston slowly thats fine then use the kick starter making the electric starter basically a decompressor making it fire up allot easier

7. #7 Re: Apollo AGB 31-2 
    have you got your Apollo yet? or have you changed your mind on it