Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: SHINERAY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 SHINERAY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    HELLO GUYS , I am here to find out about Shineray XY250GY 2.
    It wud be great if I can get some knowledge about this bike , mostly the 250 made in china are much less priced . This bike is slightly over priced , anyone who can tell me , why ?
    Also if I want Spare Parts for this bike , specially engine parts , transmission parts where else can I look besides the Shineray Factory in China .
    ALL INFO ON THIS MODEL IS WELCOMED :)

2. #2 Re: SHINERAY 
    You could look at a Honda AX-1 or NX250...or you could search the forum, as there are plenty of posts about the bike already.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: SHINERAY 
    dp-ktm, is that you? From Nepal? Yes this bike is higher priced due to its (alleged) higher quality parts and liquid-cooled engine--We will finally be seeing this bike in the US rebadged with the Qlink brand name.

I am pretty sure Shineray is the only place to find them as I have not seen them under other brand names in China like one finds with some other bikes. Had you looked at Galaxy? Shoupu Science? Both factories produce alternative, high quality bikes, at lower cost than the Shineray.

http://www.galaxymotorcycle.com/
    http://www.shuopuscience.com/

4. #4 Re: SHINERAY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    dp-ktm, is that you? From Nepal? Yes this bike is higher priced due to its (alleged) higher quality parts and liquid-cooled engine--We will finally be seeing this bike in the US rebadged with the Qlink brand name.

I am pretty sure Shineray is the only place to find them as I have not seen them under other brand names in China like one finds with some other bikes. Had you looked at Galaxy? Shoupu Science? Both factories produce alternative, high quality bikes, at lower cost than the Shineray.

http://www.galaxymotorcycle.com/
    http://www.shuopuscience.com/
    Yes its me Culcune ... how are you doing mate .. well which shocks do the galaxy and shoupu use ?
    what is their tentative offer fob cn ....
    Most importantly is Shineray a easy factory to work with , any ideas?
    safe!
    regards

5. #5 Re: SHINERAY 
    I'm doing great! How have things been for you?

Member ChinaV, who responded here, is our de facto Chinese moto-guru as he seems to own 55 or 105 of them OK, a lot less, but a few--including a Galaxy XTR (he might have just sold it recently ) but he will and should chime in about them.

Another member, Franki, owns a Galaxy and bought his directly from the factory if I remember correctly

As far as the Shoupu, I seem to recall recently seeing an offer on Alibaba or similar for $1400/bike USD for the liquid-cooled XTR 250 motard and enduro. Don't quote me, but that should get you in the vicinity as far as pricing goes. I think the Galaxy bikes (non-LQ) are around $900 USD (again, don't quote me, but that should be somewhere around the price).

Shineray are often re-branded in the US, so I am pretty sure they are easy to deal with as an OEM source.

I think we steered you toward Qingqi last time around, and they should be on your list, too. Coming under a multitude of brands around the world shows that they are a good OEM to work with. Hope this helps somewhat, and others will answer your questions, too!

6. #6 Re: SHINERAY 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Here's andre555's shineray 250. I think he should have all the documentation on the bike. Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2)

The search button works!

7. #7 Re: SHINERAY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    You could look at a Honda AX-1 or NX250...or you could search the forum, as there are plenty of posts about the bike already.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    tks China V
    can honda ax1 or nx 250 parts fit in shinerays engine and transmission ... are they identical? has anyone really replaced shineray parts with honda ... where can i get the parts in China except the factory .
    tks again

8. #8 Re: SHINERAY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I'm doing great! How have things been for you?

Member ChinaV, who responded here, is our de facto Chinese moto-guru as he seems to own 55 or 105 of them OK, a lot less, but a few--including a Galaxy XTR (he might have just sold it recently ) but he will and should chime in about them.

Another member, Franki, owns a Galaxy and bought his directly from the factory if I remember correctly

As far as the Shoupu, I seem to recall recently seeing an offer on Alibaba or similar for $1400/bike USD for the liquid-cooled XTR 250 motard and enduro. Don't quote me, but that should get you in the vicinity as far as pricing goes. I think the Galaxy bikes (non-LQ) are around $900 USD (again, don't quote me, but that should be somewhere around the price).

Shineray are often re-branded in the US, so I am pretty sure they are easy to deal with as an OEM source.

I think we steered you toward Qingqi last time around, and they should be on your list, too. Coming under a multitude of brands around the world shows that they are a good OEM to work with. Hope this helps somewhat, and others will answer your questions, too!
    i am good Culcune ... now I am preparing to buy a xy250 2 for myself . Looking at Andrees post I am scared again about buying a Chinese bike . The rear wheel brake cylinder leaking , that too when the bikes still new ... I wonder when will there be proof bikes made in China ...Still I am scared and thinking of Shineray ... There price is on the higher side than others and they offer some parts that I presume is better than others , like Fastace shocks , kenda tyres ..
    I dont know what is the perfect chinese make for me .
    AHHH looking for more helpppppp
    tks guys

9. #9 Re: SHINERAY 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    Here's andre555's shineray 250. I think he should have all the documentation on the bike. Shineray XY250GY-2 (aka X2)

The search button works!
    tks for the info mate

10. #10 Re: SHINERAY 
    Quote Originally Posted by dp-ktm View Post
    I dont know what is the perfect chinese make for me .
    dp, the Qingqi 200 enduro/motard is about as perfect of a Chinese dirt bike as you will get. Perhaps the 250cc version is better, but the 200 has had alot of real world testing all around the globe (the 250cc version is much newer and has less worldwide exposure than the 200). That is where I would start my looking! What bike did you get before?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast