Someone asked about chargers, figured I would explain it here, and then others would know. I'm sure there are other options... this one works for me... YMMV.

So you have a shiny new "gadget" that needs juice while riding. Just about everything charges off a USB socket these days, the problem isn't finding a charger, it's finding one with enough amps that won't fall apart while riding crappy China roads on a vibration happy Chinese motorcycle.

The average "gadget" these days usually sucks up 0.5 to 1.0 amps while charging, most chargers are designed for 0.5 amps. The iPhone and bigger smart phones upped this to 1.0 amps. Under many circumstances, they will not stay charged if you run their big screens, GPS, 2G/3G data connections and bluetooth all day. So you need to find a 1.5 or 2.0 amp charger, a bit hard to get, until the iPad came along. Now you can find them in most electronic markets.

Some various bits to make a charger.

You have two options for connecting to your motorcycle:

#1 Find a place on your wiring harness to tap into so the charger only draws power when you have the ignition on.

#2 Wire directly to the battery with a switch to control when the device is charging. I like this option, as there are times I want things charging, but I don't want to run the bike. FYI... it takes about a week to kill your battery if you leave the charger on. One or two nights here or there probably won't cause any harm.

First open up one of the chargers so you can splice in positive(+) and negative(-) leads.

I just twist the wires together and use a little shrink tubing.

Assemble the case with the wires sticking out. You can tape it all up once it's back together.

Mount it on your motorcycle in a place that is protected from rain and dirt. I used some rubber strips and zip ties to keep it isolated from vibration. Mine goes under the side cover so it's easy enough to reach and I can see the red LED so I know if it's on or off.

Enjoy...

Cheers!
ChinaV