Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Keeping it charged 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    I built my ChinaV charging system with an in-line 5A fuse. When i'm leaving the bike for more than a day or two i just take the fuse out so that it cuts the power to the charger. That's why i didn't put a switch in.
    It's always faster to buy n taobao then go anywhere in BJ. Is this the thing? http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3552124410 or should it be 12V? Does it say the fuse is included? And do they say they do not send less than 30?
    The chrome translation isn't clear.
    The car lighter and this fuse is all I need right?
    JH-150GY-3

2. #32 Re: Keeping it charged 
    Yeah that should work fine. The fuse isn't included with it though. Make sure you buy the right size fuse to put in there, 5x20. Here's a search:

http://search.taobao.com/search?q=5x...=s5-e&search=y

I went with 5A fuse as that's what was built into my usb car charger before i took it apart to get the wires in there.

3. #33 Re: Keeping it charged 
    Damn it!!!
    Bought the stuff (35 kuai) and installed everything today. One cable right from the battery to the usb charger, the other one through a small switch. All positive and negative correct and the LED on the charger is on (only if I switch to "on", of course). But the mobile won't f#~@ing charge. The indicating LED on my mobile does not light up and when I go into the battery status it doesn't say "charging". So seems like it does not get any juice. The charging cable as a source of the problem is ruled out. Checked it, replaced it, no difference. I used a charger for 0,5-1 mA and my "normal" plug-into-wall-socket-one delivers 0,6 mA. So that should also be fine. Any ideas, anyone?
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

4. #34 Re: Keeping it charged 
    I would switch to different charger first. I had a bad usb-end cigarette charger once. Also make sure +/- correct. Inner touching point plus, outer nagative.
    同志仍需努力

5. #35 Re: Keeping it charged 
    yea 300 is way too much for a set of allen keys, i just got the bottom half of the set (which is all you need, up to size 12 or 14 i think it was) and was 80 rmb in a little tool shp here in shanghai. Good luck with your fiddling.

6. #36 Re: Keeping it charged 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by td_ref View Post
    Also make sure +/- correct. Inner touching point plus, outer nagative.
    That gets my vote. This is a very common mistake (50/50 chance without a multimeter).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234