Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 134 of 171 FirstFirst ... 84114124132133134135136144154 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1708
  1. #1331 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    HeyCnB, thanks for your detailed intro and welcome back to the two wheeled way of life.

I think you're on the money with taking it slow. Breath easy and enjoy the ride!

Cheers,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #1332 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash 'n' Burn View Post
    Hi everybody, I just joined the forum and want to say hi and introduce myself. Tomorrow I am driving over two hours to my closest dealer who has a demo so I can have my first seat on Tha Heist. They will not have one to sell in Canada until the end of May but I want to take a seat on one before I pull the trigger and drop the deposit at a dealer who is about 45 minutes from my home.

I can't remember when I started riding motorcycles but my dad tells me I was about 5 years old and my first motorcycle was a Honda Z50A. I always had motorcycles and rode whenever possible, rain or shine, for over thirty years until my separation from my first wife left me as a single parent with rapidly shifting priorities. I sold my CR250, CRF450, CBR600 and KLR650 so I could dedicate my time to my kids and make sure I was going to be there for them when they woke up every morning.

Now I have been remarried for 3 years, my youngest child is almost 17 and the others are now out on their own so I started getting the itch to ride again. During my time off from riding I suffered a workplace accident that left me with about 80% loss of vision in my left eye so my depth perception is not very good anymore which limited which bikes I feel good about riding. For many years I rode crotch rockets but realize high speed bombing runs probably would not be a good idea anymore. Some friends of mine say I should just buy a rocket and go slow, who the hell are they kidding. I always say it is a lot more fun going fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast bike.

I looked at quite a few new motorcycles and a few older classics but none of them appealed to me until a co-worker went to a motorcycle show and brought me back a pamphlet for tha Heist. It seemed that someone was thinking of me when they designed this motorcycle and I was immediately hooked. If my sit on experience Saturday goes well I will be putting down a deposit next week and hopefully have my butt in the seat of my own Heist at the end of May.

Take care everybody and thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and experiences concerning this motorcycle.
    Canada is beautiful. Great riding up there. Welcome...
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

3. #1333 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by tap007 View Post
    Hey Guys I'm another Heist Rider from Sin City Vegas. I picked up my scoot a couple weeks ago from john at 233 Customs. Awesome guy who made the purchasing experience go very smooth. From day one just hanging out at his shop asking questions and watching him build rebel19's Crazy Horse to the day i took delivery. There's no way I would ever get that type of service from the local stealerships lol.

Here's my baby at a elevated location with the Vegas valley backdrop.

Attachment 6798
    GREAT SHOT! Glad to have you on a 233 custom!
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    www.233motorsports.com

4. #1334 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Wife was horse pissed cause I just bought tha Heist "without" thinking about it. Or probably not waiting till she was comfortable with the whole idea. Well either way. I bought my bike Thursday, bought my body armor & gear Friday and got my license on Sat/Sun. BOOOYEAH! Now I just have pick up my ride from Richmond, VA. Did I mention I already bought my hd chain, 16t sprocket, EGR delete, some clutch linkage already? I guess I'll have to figure out how to put those on, lol. (kit from 233)

-aj
    WAY TOGO! A man in charge of his household. I had to beg for 5 months to get my first heist. My wife said yes finally so I would shut up about it. Thanks to Gardo for posting here last year. This forum is the reason I bought a Heist. I was "...this close" to buying a DF250, but after reading Gardo's report of his trip to PIT Motors, I changed my mind.
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    www.233motorsports.com

5. #1335 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Thanks for the welcome.

I finally finished reading all this thread, lots of great information but I regret I never made notes so I might have to read through it all again.

As a side note I had a quick question about the motorcycle so I shot off an Email to Scott at CCW and ran out the door to give my wife a ride to work. Less than ten minutes after sending my Email to Scott he sent me a reply which I got on my phone before I had barely left my driveway. I am almost tempted to send a quick Email to the CEO of Honda to see how long it takes them to respond.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

6. #1336 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    CnB,

Welcome to the site and thanks for the intro. I think its a great bike for Novice or Vet riders. The lines of the bike make it very attractive and there is enough in the power plant to get your adrenaline goin.
    i have had my scoot for a year and have loved every minute of it. Of all the bikes that i have ridden it is my favorite. With well over 11000 miles on her she has done me right.

I think you will like what you se and love it if you get a chance to ride it.

Scott is a great guy and the model that he is building his company up on is impressive. He personally responds to all emails and calls when he can.
    welcome back to the 2 wheel fold and keep the rubber side down.

If you are also looking for more info let the riders tell it to ya check us out on Facebook or hit up my site www.ccwthariders.com

Ride Happy Ride Safe
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #1337 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Thanks for the welcome Gardo. I have been around forums long enough to know it is important to make a decent intro before starting to dump the questions on people. I figured I better get myself started on this forum because as soon as I get my Heist I will probably have a lot of questions. BTW I really like what you have done with tha Widow and happy to see somebody treading through uncharted waters before I have to do it myself. You are not the only one modding your ride but the most prominent one on this forum and after reading all your posts I feel as if I have been along for the ride. I plan on doing only a few mods but it is really good to see what it is possible to do with tha Heist. The CCW tha Riders website looks great and I look forward to watching it grow.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

8. #1338 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    I know the custom G&D shorty exhaust are marketed as closed course only but does it actually have this stamped anywhere on the exhaust? If it is stamped on the exhaust I might have a hard time convincing the boys in blue that it is a stock pipe.
    Last edited by Crash 'n' Burn; 04-28-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Removed fluff

9. #1339 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Guru
    eep did obama's "fair trade act" mainly aimed at china's exports to the us kill our ability to get these bikes ?

been worried about that since saw him sign it to law

10. #1340 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    eep did obama's "fair trade act" mainly aimed at china's exports to the us kill our ability to get these bikes ?

been worried about that since saw him sign it to law
    China Fair Trade Act is legislation that will prevent Federal taxpayer dollars from being used to purchase Chinese products and services until they sign on to and abide by the WTO Agreement on Government Procurement. So unless you're using Federal taxpayer dollars to purchase your Heist then the answer to your question would be no.