Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 154 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4104134144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1708
  1. #1531 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    The website forum is dead as far as I can tell, and has been for a while. This thread seems to have become mostly newbies asking the same questions over and over, and people whining about the same.
    Noobs have to start somewhere if only to find out about the FB site and even though I have read every single page of this thread I didn't memorize them. If someone asks an old question and I happen to remember the answer I'm glad to help out- no matter how often it's been asked.

I'm one of those who committed FB suicide a few years ago. Too connected to too many people yada yada. Sucked the life out of me so not planning on re-signing up. Too bad it's on FB.

2. #1532 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    I'm one of those who committed FB suicide a few years ago. Too connected to too many people yada yada. Sucked the life out of me so not planning on re-signing up. Too bad it's on FB.

Can't argue with this. I myself have wished the website forum was the center of activity, since that's what an Internet discussion forum is bloody for. I'm not much into the social media scene, and I don't know how or why the FB group has become ground zero, but eventually even I had to give in just so I could connect with other Heisters.

I couldn't beat 'em, so I had to join 'em.

3. #1533 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    Can't argue with this. I myself have wished the website forum was the center of activity, since that's what an Internet discussion forum is bloody for. I'm not much into the social media scene, and I don't know how or why the FB group has become ground zero, but eventually even I had to give in just so I could connect with other Heisters.

I couldn't beat 'em, so I had to join 'em.
    Well, for one thing, it's a hell of a lot easier to access, especially with cell phones. But the bad part about it that you can't go back and gather information from old posts. Stop on by whenever you can.
    2011 CCW Heist

4. #1534 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Well, for one thing, it's a hell of a lot easier to access, especially with cell phones. But the bad part about it that you can't go back and gather information from old posts. Stop on by whenever you can.
    I use Tapatalk for an Android phone to access this and the DongFang forum here at MyChinaMoto. Give it a try...
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I use tapatalk for my iPhone as well. Makes it very easy to upload pics and stay connected on here. I myself try to avoid Facebook as much as possible. It also sucks the life out of me.

6. #1536 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Imagine the days when mail was delivered by horse and no other means of communication. As much as I love computers and the modern day, part of me wants to live in a cabin on a lake far away from any phone towers.

7. #1537 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Good morning Heisters. So I'll start with a tiny tail light rant. Many have posted how cheap the tail lights are and I've never ever cracked a lens while tightening the screws on a bike before (2 scooters and a moped). But yesterday, the first time I'd removed the lens just to check out the bulb socket, I cracked the right side of the lens, maybe because the plastic is so thin I couldn't tell if it was snug enough Argghh. Good thing I'm switching it out anyways.

Here's a pic of my DIY tail light though plans change. I was going to use a stainless flared cup I found at a thrift store but chose instead a 1/2 measuring cup that I've had for years and the lens from a Land Rover Defender. Perfect fit! I love when that happens! Working on the socket assembly- trying not to use what came with the Rover tail light cause it's a bit gaudy.

P1060706.jpg

Best to all,
    Xeta
    Last edited by xetaprime; 10-18-2012 at 11:44 PM.

8. #1538 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Mounted my New Old Stock Bridgestone speedometer today. The housing is a marine stainless steel cup holder. Fit perfectly! I thought about hooking up the neutral light in the speedo but maybe later. Didn't alter the stock mount plate and with a little tweaking I'm using the stock speedo light bulb. It's big but I like it- and it's working. It feels like its reading properly but I'm not certain. Wish I had a gps thingy.

P1060711.jpgP1060715.jpgP1060718.jpg

9. #1539 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    So, just working on my DIY tail light. Tomorrow is wiring day- hopefully I can keep it clean looking. Best, Xeta

P1060724.jpgP1060726.jpgP1060729.jpg

10. #1540 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anyone else have a beech of a time trying to get their Heist into Neutral??? I have to turn bike off to get it in neutral. It is a pain.