Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 138 of 171 FirstFirst ... 88118128136137138139140148158 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1708
  1. #1371 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by nimboobaba View Post
    It is, it is. I went home at lunch to grab the bike, too nice here (66 degrees) to not be riding into work. It does shift so much nicer, still burying the needle on the highway. I need to put my GPS on my tank and see if I am actually going that fast!!
    If you are riding it that hard, make sure keep checking your chain or better yet chuck it and get a 428DID HD chain and 16T front sprocket. your bike will thank you for it
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #1372 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    CCW doesn't have either on their site. I'll email Kelly over at Weaver tomorrow and check on that stuff. I've been really happy with the quality of everything, the chain slap gave it character. =p

3. #1373 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by nimboobaba View Post
    CCW doesn't have either on their site. I'll email Kelly over at Weaver tomorrow and check on that stuff. I've been really happy with the quality of everything, the chain slap gave it character. =p
    Dooo EEEET its probably the best mod you can do
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

4. #1374 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    sai port.jpg

This is what the CAD drawing looks like that the model shop at my job made for the plate. In case anyone was interested in making their own.

5. #1375 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob

6. #1376 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Lots of great information in this thread, unfortunately - being almost 140 pages long - it can be a bit daunting to find the information one is looking for. I've gotten probably 50 or so pages fully digested, but still have a major concern. These bikes are available locally, but only through custom order -- so there are no showroom models to see in person. I'm 5'6" tall -- will the stock Heist be a good fit for my size? My concern is that the handlebars or foot pedals could be a bit of a stretch for me, what with the way the seat sits so low.

This would be my first bike.

edit: I just watched the video linked in the post above. The test rider was 6'2", a height that Scott of CCW claims is a height at the upper end of the typical rider for that bike. This is somewhat reassuring, but 6'2" is still a significantly taller person than myself.

7. #1377 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by thedvs01 View Post
    Lots of great information in this thread, unfortunately - being almost 140 pages long - it can be a bit daunting to find the information one is looking for. I've gotten probably 50 or so pages fully digested, but still have a major concern. These bikes are available locally, but only through custom order -- so there are no showroom models to see in person. I'm 5'6" tall -- will the stock Heist be a good fit for my size? My concern is that the handlebars or foot pedals could be a bit of a stretch for me, what with the way the seat sits so low.

This would be my first bike.

edit: I just watched the video linked in the post above. The test rider was 6'2", a height that Scott of CCW claims is a height at the upper end of the typical rider for that bike. This is somewhat reassuring, but 6'2" is still a significantly taller person than myself.
    Thedvs01, welcome to the forum. There is quite a bit of info to take in here on the thread check out www.ccwthariders.com it has some great info and list some dealers locally. This bike is 50 state legal and a great first bike.
    I am 5'7 200lbs and she is a great fit, maneuverable and easy to handle with enough grunt to get out of its own way. I rode my Heist from outside NYC to Daytona FL, and back again, a month back. I have almost 12000 miles on my Heist at this point done in a year
    please also feel free to email me with any questions ccwtharider@optonline.net
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #1378 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just a quick photo update, I did a mockup with the front tire on to see how its gonna look, and yes that is a dirtbike rim with the factory 90/90-21 on it :)

newforks2.jpg

9. #1379 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin_joes_cbr View Post
    Just a quick photo update, I did a mockup with the front tire on to see how its gonna look, and yes that is a dirtbike rim with the factory 90/90-21 on it :)

newforks2.jpg
    SWEET!!!!
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #1380 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Hey everyone - if you're not familiar, check out Weaver Rides - Tom Weaver is the only authorized fabricator that does not void the warranty on CCW bikes. Here's his parts/services area of his site:
    http://weaverrides3.weebly.com/partsservice.html