Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 140 of 171 FirstFirst ... 90120130138139140141142150160 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1708
  1. #1391 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by h20rocket View Post
    reading my way through the pages, anyone have a link for a mph speedo that will fit right on this, i want to change the km one on it
    http://shop.233motorsports.com/Speedometer-2332004.htm
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #1392 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thanks Gardo

3. #1393 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Last edited by h20rocket; 05-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.

4. #1394 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Anyone have one in PA? Im thinking about getting a pair for me and my wife, she just graduated Grad school, and wants a small bobber type. Any suggestions on which PA distributor to go to?

Also, I know some sellers claim $85/mo with dealer financing, anyone have that experience? What were the terms?

Keep up the good work guys......

5. #1395 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    anyone know if there's a fuse for the tail light, I was gonna go on my first night ride tonight an notice my tail light wasn't working, but my brake light was

I also noticed that I have no light on my speedo, I wasn't sure if I had one or not for that

6. #1396 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Brand new to this forum, and just on the verge of getting my own Heist for daily rides to work.. I'm really looking forward to the bike, and I'm happy to find a great community here supporting the CCW bikes!

I only saw one mention earlier in this thread, and am wondering if anyone bit the bullet and switched to mid controls on their Heist? I kinda think I want the slightly more cafe style sitting position ( probably would flip the bars or invest in clubman bars as well to complete the look, assuming that's possible without them hitting the tank too easily ) but it'd be great to hear from anyone who's made that modification.

7. #1397 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    well just got done checking out my taillight issue, for the life of me I can't figure it out, everything works except the tail

went an bought new bulb, same thing, no tail but brake light works

so took the oil tank cover off to check the fuse on the red wire, looked fine

put a tester on the solid green wire an the ground, got no power

put the tester on the green wire with the stripe for the brake light, tester lit for that when I put the brake on

the green wire looks like it runs up into the headlight area and is pretty sealed up, not sure if I can get into it

there's a black barrel looking thing inside the oil tank area that has a green wire going into it, does anyone know what that is

anyone have any idea what might be wrong ?

8. #1398 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    well I just went out to take the headlight apart to see if anything came unplugged behind it, all looked fine

I did notice that the little bulb inside headlight for day time running wasn't working either, I took the bulb out and it looks fine but I'll go get a new one just in case

9. #1399 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ended up hooking the little bulb to a battery and it lit up fine, so thats not it .....hmmmm

10. #1400 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    h20rocket, sorry for the late response it sounds like 1 or two things the first is that there is a bad ground somewhere. I know a couple guys needed to run a second ground wire because it was originally set to ground on the frame but was placed on the paint. Or that there may be a loose bullet connection. I went through and tightened all the connections up and taped them over to secure. I did this because it being a hard tail things just rattle loose.

Rinigado - Welcome to the forum great bikes Weaver rides was working on the mid controls, but not sure what came of it. Send them an email and check it out. They are pretty responsive.

Bootboi - i also wanted to welcome you to the forum, I have had my bike for a year and have 12000+ miles on her, took this machine down to Daytona and Back in March 3000 mile round trip in 10 days. It was EPIC lol. Where in Central PA are you located. Was planning on Heading to Scranton PA this Saturday to visit some friends. not sure if that helps or not.

the financing is a great idea i know a few guys that have done it and they havent griped but they were also in severe lack of credit so who knows. You could contact PIT Motors and they should have the details available

Please guys also check out the www.ccwthariders.com website and poke around a bit.

thank

~Gardo

PS

almost forgot the tha rider t-shirts are available
    http://www.ccwthariders.com/1/post/2...tha-house.html
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders