Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 147 of 171 FirstFirst ... 97127137145146147148149157167 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1708
  1. #1461 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanx guys! I've also been watching a lot of youtube videos :) Was going to go out and practice a short while ago- while it was sunny! then a few minutes later it was raining! Hopefully this afternoon I'll get a chance.

Best,
    Xeta

2. #1462 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    I have the stupidest noob questions but is first gear just for getting the bike moving then you can immediately go to second? Being a noob just wanting to know how long to stay in first. Have never driven a clutch car either. Also what about revs- the Heist has no indicator so I guess it's all about feel? Lastly, if I'm just riding slowly for practice is this bad on the engine heat wise since it's air cooled? My training area I could probs go 10-20 tops...

So much to learn and loving it all in between the fear molecules that is.

Best,
    Xeta

Update: Never mind. See, even though I did take the MSF course I took it on a scooter cause that's what I had at the time. It takes me a while to wrap my brain around things. Getting it though. Something as simple as when to shift from first can throw me but now I know. I won't be road riding until I'm secure which will be a while and if the damn rain lets up I can get more practice in. Wish I could delete my post :(
    Last edited by xetaprime; 07-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.

3. #1463 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Anyone want to buy a brand new stock black 2012 Heist with 5km on her for $3000? OY! I researched this bike for months. God's truth but now that I have her I don't think she's for me- which bums me out no end! Sent direct from Weaver... this is not an easy decision to make. So no dealers fees or PDII charge. Vero Beach FL. Regards, Xeta

4. #1464 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Okay! Okay! I'm keeping it! Maybe. Do I need to just RELAX? i THINK I NEED TO RELAX!!!!

For those of you who have sold it, why did you sell it?

Why not take the MSF again, this time on a motorcycle.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

6. #1466 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Back then I could use my scooter to get there. I have no other transportation. Patience and practice is everything I know. A few weeks ago I thought I could handle learning and the idea of future repairs as I'm pretty good mechanically... now it all seems overwhelming. Such is life.

7. #1467 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    There's plenty of safe rider courses out there, don't give up yet! Once you get the feel of it you won't turn
    back and you will wonder what the big deal was! It can be done now go for it!

8. #1468 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Here's one issue I'm having with my forward controls. The angle of the shift lever is forward - meaning my foot doesn't rest easy between the bottom peg and top lever unless my foot is angled slightly downward. The rod looks positioned correctly as per what I've read. If the lever were tilted back a little my foot could fit more comfortably in the space. Wearing sneakers it fits fine- which I don't use riding the bike but because my boots are thicker I wish there was more room. A longer rod would fix this but then not be horizontal to the frame. Do you know what I mean? I shouldn't have to move my foot out of the shifting area for comfort or does everyone do this? Be kind to the noob :0

shifter.jpg

tha heist stock forward controls web.jpg

9. #1469 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Here's one issue I'm having with my forward controls. The angle of the shift lever is forward - meaning my foot doesn't rest easy between the bottom peg and top lever unless my foot is angled slightly downward. The rod looks positioned correctly as per what I've read. If the lever were tilted back a little my foot could fit more comfortably in the space. Wearing sneakers it fits fine- which I don't use riding the bike but because my boots are thicker I wish there was more room. A longer rod would fix this but then not be horizontal to the frame. Do you know what I mean? I shouldn't have to move my foot out of the shifting area for comfort or does everyone do this? Be kind to the noob :0

shifter.jpg

tha heist stock forward controls web.jpg

Xetaprime,

If I am reading this right... I'm a 10.5 boot and fit my foot pretty well you don't need to rest the foot on the shifter but in between when riding. hook the heel to the peg and relax the foot, you will have less of a discomfort and fatigue.the foot shift lever is adjustable to a degree. the rod has 2 sets of adjustments to bring the lever up or down.
    I think you may be over thinking it and as you stated Relax it will come to you. Don't just practice make it perfect practice which will yield more confidence. Take it slow and at your speed. you can email me if you have any questions or just want to vent. ccwtharider@optonline.net

Sorry been out of touch for a bit Work, school and family have been top priority and been riding so much I have been just been able to skim the pages here and there. I have close to 15000 miles on my Heist and almost 3000 miles on the Misfit this far. Been hitting a few events and people are just lovin on the bike
    Check out the newest gallery up from my last event http://www.ccwthariders.com/strange-days-2.html
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #1470 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanx Gardo, when you say there are two sets of adjustments what do you mean? Front and back on the shift rod? It doesn't look like that would raise or lower it much. Is there another adjustment I'm missing? I hear you on practice though.

The DF seems to have a higher peg from looking at the pics. Just seems like I should be able to keep my foot in place and shift if I want. Having to take my foot out of the shifting area, for comfort- not talking downshifting- is kind of a pain. I think I could rig a triangle plate attached to the lever bringing the peg up and back but no time soon. I have tried moving the seat back and forth but that still doesn't help the angle of my foot.

Best,
    Xeta
    Last edited by xetaprime; 07-29-2012 at 08:43 PM.