Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 160 of 171 FirstFirst ... 10110140150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1708
  1. #1591 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Jaybe66, i don't think you will get much reply here, almost everybody had left and moved over to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccwthariders/ Go there and you will get a lot of input on your issues.

2. #1592 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Hey guys long time no post.... Been a while since I was able to poke this way and wanted to give an update. I actually miss the old MCM board in keeping up with the FB group the website and working with WeaverRides on R&D as well as a whole lot of riding. Already 20K miles on my heist in the last (just about) 2 years. I completely reworked the bike and took it to another level. Matter of fact she took 3rd place at the 2013 Daytona Boardwalk Classic Motorcycle Show on 3-15-2013
    100_1713.JPG100_1944.JPG100_1946.JPG

Motor and drive train is still the same from last year but I had the Wheels anodized, a La Rosa seat, clipons, new controls as well as an all aluminium throttle housing and grips with bar end mirrors, extended the forward controls, redid the electrical and cleaned up the harness and eliminated all the idiot lights as well as the safety switches, relocated the coil, horn, regulator, redid the rear fender and its completely more rigid than before cut of the plate bracket and and wire guide under the fender, filled the wiring holes. Improved sissy bar with integrated tail light, bigger beefier carb with manual 3 position choke. Ported the head more to compensate for carb

Total build time with paint 46 hrs to get her to show quality then I rode her down to Florida stopping in Tampa first then out to Daytona

What a great week and the response was incredible. Not bad for a less than $6000.00 custom
    The bike also hit a top speed of 93mph with me on it heading down I95S.
    Loving her still, tha Widow, and the Misfit, tha Wraith, as well but I do admit that I did find another bike when I was in FL.
    Found the bike at ROAR. I was going to pick up a new t-shirt for my daughter and started to check out the 09 Midnight (now known as Betty) and worked a deal. Not only did I buy the bike but I had their Mech work with me to make sure that she was up to snuff for a road trip right off the lot. ROAR was kind enough to store my lil bobber the "tha Widow" till a friend that lives in the area could pick her up later in the week.
    I pulled off the lot and road this beast home. 1700cc Air cooled V-Twin pushrod OHV motor. She is still all stock but not for long. Just a bit of a jump from the 250cc Singles I grew to love.
    Lots of RAW power and an amazing ride; she is the 4th bike in my stable and I think I will retire my Widow as my distance runner and start using her as my putting around bike and bar hopper.

100_1969.jpg

So stay tuned I am hoping to continue to post here now and again with better frequency so if you have questions and don’t want to hit FB I'm about.

Cheers folks

Also if you want to see pics of the trip check them out here
    http://www.ccwthariders.com/daytona-...ek---2013.html
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #1593 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybe66 View Post
    Dear Jaybe66,

Welcome to MCM. Though your profile says you are from Napa, your pictures make me think you are in the southern hemisphere!

Anyway, lots of brilliant riding to be had in the North Bay, starting with a ton of nice roads around Lake Berryessa. Sonoma, Lake and Mendocino will keep you busy for years to come!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #1594 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have been researching on Tha Heist when I stumble upon this site. I've been reading this thread for days and today I've reached the end, yup I've read all 160 pages and I must say I'm fascinated with what you've guys have done on tha Heist. After reading this epic thread I've decided that I want one, there's a dealer here in Dallas that sell this bike and will pick one up this summer. Keep up the great work fellas!

Gordo,

I love what you've done to your bike and have read all of your post and blogs, did you make another trip to Daytona with tha Widow??

5. #1595 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent214 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have been researching on Tha Heist when I stumble upon this site. I've been reading this thread for days and today I've reached the end, yup I've read all 160 pages and I must say I'm fascinated with what you've guys have done on tha Heist. After reading this epic thread I've decided that I want one, there's a dealer here in Dallas that sell this bike and will pick one up this summer. Keep up the great work fellas!

Gordo,

I love what you've done to your bike and have read all of your post and blogs, did you make another trip to Daytona with tha Widow??
    I did just got back on the 18th and such a reception she had Took 3rd place Metric Class at the Daytona Boardwalk Classic MC Show this year.

100_1948.jpg
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #1596 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Vincent, also checkout facebook group, a lot of info there. Heist is a good bike, I got mine around Christmas, (my first bike) bought it used and every time I ride it puts a smile on my face.
    Attached Images

7. #1597 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    I did just got back on the 18th and such a reception she had Took 3rd place Metric Class at the Daytona Boardwalk Classic MC Show this year.

100_1948.jpg
    That is freakin' awwesome!! I'm so proud of tha Widow; that bike has been through so much and I'm still at awe of how much mileage you've put on that bike. Congrats man and I'm glad to see you're still around here. After all, us noobs need a vet like yourself to guide us through those frustrating days when our bikes decide not to cooperate.

8. #1598 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by adomansky View Post
    Hi Vincent, also checkout facebook group, a lot of info there. Heist is a good bike, I got mine around Christmas, (my first bike) bought it used and every time I ride it puts a smile on my face.
    Hi Adomansky,

I have no doubt tha Heist is a fun bike, I currently have a 71 Yamaha CS3, it's a vintage bike and I love the ol skool look. Tha Heist has that look I'm in love with and is equipped with modern technology so I'm getting the best of both world! I'm not on FB but I think I just might have to just to hang out with all the heisters. Your bike is sweeeet by the way!

9. #1599 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Sounds good, I looked up pics of a Yamaha like yours, looks cool and could make a very good looking cafe bike. Good luck with your purchase.
    And see you on facebook.

10. #1600 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Listed my Heist two days ago. I have no doubt tha heist is a great bike but the blocks where I live are so short, I have to shift all the time. I get that it becomes second nature- just something I'm choosing not to do. If it had a stronger engine, I'd keep her.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tha-H...-/140942352934

I will miss her if she sells.

Best to all, Xeta