Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 75 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25556573747576778595125 ... LastLast
  1. #741 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hey gardo, how much you want for a bracket man? May be interested in one. Also can you give me the specs on how far apart the mounting holes are and size of the center hole? My light looks different on the back than yours does, just wanna check man. Any help is appreciated. :)

2. #742 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Irish,,,

There is no big mystery... The US Army taught me 18 years ago to covert Standard to Metric... Everything the Army Does is in Metric unless we are turning wrenches in the motorpool ( i.e. Shooting Range is in Meters ,,, Ruck Marches are in Meters/Kilometers,,, Map Reading and Land Navigation is in Meters/Kilometers,,, Driving Distance is in Kilometers ) ... If you have ever watched old war movies or listened to some Vets sitting around talking they always refer to distance in Klicks ( Clicks ) or Kilometers with each other... Almost all War Vet stories start out with "No S**t ,,, there I was 25 Klicks ( or whatever number ) from the firebase when the s**t hit the fan"...

1 Mile = 1.62 Kilometers
    0.621371192 Miles = 1 Kilometer
    Here is a easy chart to use : http://www.asknumbers.com/Kilometers...onversion.aspx

The easiest way for me to remember when ever I have retake the Overseas driving Test for the Host Country is a 10K Race = 6.2 Miles ( all you have to do is move the decimal place over one )

Take It Easy Bro and enjoy the ride with your Dad

WK2

3. #743 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    So i am thinking about getting my first bike and fell in love with the look of "Tha Heist". Going to take the bike safety course next week. Anything you guys think i should know before i buy the bike?

4. #744 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Sash, my recommendation would be to research the dealer and get a price from more than one if you can!. I wish I would have, my next one I definitely will! Other than that its a great first bike. I have never truly rode till I got one and now I cant bring myself to drive any of my cars! Haha :) def wont regret getting one! :)

5. #745 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    MK2, I'll check it at some point later in the day and see what I come up with.

Sach - Welcome, great bikes, beginner or seasoned rider alike. I love my lil scoot. and she draws attention everywhere I go. these bikes are canvases waiting for an artist. I have had mine better than 3 months and have over 2700 miles on her. Any questions just ask away there is a wealth of knowledge here.

So I got the bike to Tom and Al and we tore it down almost to the frame. Spent about 10hrs down at the shop going over her stem to stern and just tightening her up.
    Played with different sprockets, the bolt pattern on the Heist is different than the over the counter rear sprocket and the front sprocket has a shim spacer that is part of the design. I did replace both the front and rear with new stock sprockets, and also replaced my chain. I swapped out most of the stock bolts with stainless steel allen bolts. shifted the stock tank to a new position and the Widow is looking real old school and hotter. The other thing done today was that I got the head ported polished and decked, with a brand new painted carb.
    My widow is a monster now!!! The new compression reading is at 186PSI off this single cylinder. After a few test rides and a chain adjustment i brought her home on my new carrier, which we modified a bit for my truck, took the hitch post and cut it down a few inches to better fit closer to my SUV.

I got home about 11 and was a bit restless so i took off on the bike and hit a local bar, the bike got lots of lovin. After the bar, no I didnt drink alcohol i cruised for a bit and hit the highway. OMFG - I opened my lil girl up on a nice 3 mile straightaway and nearly buried my speedo, I had to back it off.... cause well she scared me LoL.
    She sounds throatier, runs must faster, and meaner than before. Weaver is an effing Genius and magician

i have pics and vid, but will post them later. Now I will do a shot of Jameson's and get some slep
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #746 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Gardo, just because we don''t all post all the time doesn't mean we don't watch and read! Keep up the good work, this is an epic thread, looking forward to the next video.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #747 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Holy hell Gardo!
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

8. #748 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Gardo, just because we don''t all post all the time doesn't mean we don't watch and read! Keep up the good work, this is an epic thread, looking forward to the next video.
    thanks Jape, been a learning process, been learning alot from the folks on this board and trying to apply it here as well.
    Vids and pictures later today.

I know Kevin, I know. She's a bit wild right now and will need to be tamed again. lol
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #749 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Gardo sounds like the widow is in tip top shape and you had a great day with the boys working on her!! Sooner or later your going to have to put a post together just on what all you have done to her. I know I cant keep track of what you have done and it was your bike and the dream weaver "8 ball" that made me take the plunge. Regardless I love the fact that it can be modified and tuned to run like a beast! One day I would like to do so with mine but until the pocket gets fatter I am going to keep riding with the mods I have done. This way too every time something gets done it will be like christmas and a new bike each time. Cant wait to see the vids and pics. Kevin you finding any luck with your situations and the CDI too?

Air Ride seat install next mon or tues anyone have any pointers? Gardo? Anyone?

Keep on riding on

10. #750 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Irish,,,

Here are some old pics of Gardo's Scoot : http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com/c...s-black-widow/

I can't wait to see what all was done yesterday at Tom and Al's place...

Take It Easy :)

WK2