Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 87 of 171 FirstFirst ... 376777858687888997107137 ... LastLast
  1. #861 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Like I said before. Im new to bikes and carbs unfortunately. Anyway you could snap a picture of that screw so I know what one it is? Thanks for helping guys

2. #862 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    No biggie mk2, this is how we learn... I'm new to bikes and carbs too! Couldn't pick a better bike to learn on right?

I'll dig up the link to a carb how-to I put together. All the adjustments are covered in it I think....

Edit...
    My Bad!! the how-to was for the jets only.

So.... the idle screw is hidden on the side of the carb behind the throttle cable and accel pump assemblies. It is NOT the visible screw holding the cable guide on. It's tucked in behind that. Turning in will raise the idle, out will drop it down. Turn it slowly and use your ears to find a smooth idle. I'll see if I can point it out in a pic somewhere.

After you get it started and running you will have to adjust the carb's a/f screw to get everything dialed in. Tom can walk you through it over the phone probably.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

3. #863 Re: CCW tha Heist 

Here is the larger visible screw holding the assemblies on. The Idle screw lives behind there. Kinda have to snake a little screwdriver in there to get at it.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

4. #864 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for the picture kevin! Just called tom, he said that all I need to do is adjust the idle screw. He has everything else set as far as air fuel goes. Now I want to be off work even more!!

5. #865 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Adjusted my carb the other day and the bike is running much better, still popping a little during downshifting. Finally getting a little time to ride and the bike seems to be waking up a little as it gets some more miles. Another hundred and I'm going to see Tom for the first service and a once over.

What tire pressures are you guys running front and rear? I think I'm at 30psi front. That rear tire is a PIA to get any of my gauges on because of all the spokes.

How's the site going Gardo? I'm sure you've got a list going of all these little handy specs.

6. #866 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Ok, my G&D long pipe just arrived in the mail, and I will be wrapping it with exhaust wrap and installing it... but I have a very noobish question... here goes... should I wrap it and put it on, or should I put the heat shield (off the stock pipe) on it and wrap over that too for extra heat protection in that spot (so my boot heal doesn't melt)? Thoughts? Personally, I'm leaning towards just wrapping it as-is with no heat shield, as I believe that the wrap will offer enough protection, but I would like your input. Also, I'll be posting pics at some point, but the bike is just too stock at the moment and I don't want to post a pic of another stock heist until I get some of the other mods done first. THANKS!

7. #867 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Wrap the pipe first dude. Put the shield on or don't, but wrap it first.

EVERYONE post up some pics! Just wanna see what you guys are doing with these bikes!

Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

8. #868 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelToe View Post
    Ok, my G&D long pipe just arrived in the mail, and I will be wrapping it with exhaust wrap and installing it... but I have a very noobish question... here goes... should I wrap it and put it on, or should I put the heat shield (off the stock pipe) on it and wrap over that too for extra heat protection in that spot (so my boot heal doesn't melt)? Thoughts? Personally, I'm leaning towards just wrapping it as-is with no heat shield, as I believe that the wrap will offer enough protection, but I would like your input. Also, I'll be posting pics at some point, but the bike is just too stock at the moment and I don't want to post a pic of another stock heist until I get some of the other mods done first. THANKS!
    Wrap w/o the heatsheild. the wrap will offer more than enough protection. keep the heatshield on the stock pipe.have you wrapped a pipe before Steeltoe?

Kev it looks good man , you guys must be sick of pics of my Widow
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #869 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Can't have too much Widow bro. Post up. I was actually just thinking how good this NGK wire would look on your bike. Fits the red theme and all.

Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

10. #870 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb96gt View Post
    Wrap the pipe first dude. Put the shield on or don't, but wrap it first.

EVERYONE post up some pics! Just wanna see what you guys are doing with these bikes!
    It's pretty much the same as last week when I got it but I found some coke bottle grips and just stuck 'em on tonight. If my exhaust wrap shows up in time I hope to wrap it this weekend. I'm looking for a particular decal to dress up the tank, but so far I can only find it online in the UK. I've got plans for a kickstart lever that involve welding (which I don't know anything about so I'll have farm that part out). Unfortunately I don't know what kind of metal any of the known levers are made of and whether or not they're suitable to be cut and welded.
    P1010212.jpgP1010214.jpgP1010216.jpg