Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 88 of 171 FirstFirst ... 386878868788899098108138 ... LastLast
  1. #871 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Kevin I love the Shitwizard logo haha! Is that vinyl, do you have a plotter to cut that stuff out?

Also how did those coils work out, any good.

2. #872 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Ok here's a Photoshop of the direction I'm going. This is what I had in mind when I first saw the bike. Chopped rear and no front fender, lift the tank, some Biltwell Windows bars, get rid of the signals, wrap pipe etc. I have the bars on order, a really curved seat pan and some hair pin springs plus some other stuff coming.

I think I'm going to go with a gold metal flake instead of the green. That won't happen until the winter though.

3. #873 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    JK3 - Looks good man. What's your plan to raise the tank? Weld mounting tabs onto the frame?

4. #874 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Nice photochop! Fun to see how the real turns out compared to it.

JK3 - The coil is good. No big groundbreaking improvement but it works. I think the stock stuff is good for what it is. As things start to go replace with better quality.

The new coil had a different mount and ground wire setup so it wasn't a straight bolt-on. I have to do a write up.

I did switch out to an irridium plug as well. The bike ran and idled decently before, now with the coil, wire and plug it feels a little more refined but I can't honestly say it's worth all the $$$. I am running the NGK DRP8EA-9 plug with a larger gap than stock. The shop I picked i up from recommended not gapping the irridiums. Comes set at .8, not too far out from the .6 I had been running.

Bike still runs strong all the way past 80mph. Just a bit more refined or smoother but it may just be in my head lol.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

5. #875 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks Kevin that's some good info. Nothing wrong with having a good solid spark. Whats the stock equivalent for an NGK plug, I still have the stocker in there?

I don't know how you guys are hitting those speeds, I know my speedo is waaay off but I just cant see my bike going that fast the way it runs now. She's still popping during downshifting, I richened it up and runs a little better.

SDM, you could cut off the tabs for the tank and just flip them to the top. For now I think I'll just make some brackets that extend upwards from the stock position. May have to move the fuel bung to the back of the tank though, too bad I can't weld. I'd hate to have the thing ripped apart during the summer, most of this stuff won't happen till winter.

6. #876 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    NGK D8EA-9 is the stocker... available locally for a couple bucks. Gapped mine at .6 and it ran great.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

7. #877 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Cool thanks Kevin, I appreciate it. Just talked to the Weave and I'll be bringing the bike to the shop next week for a tune and good going over.

8. #878 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey guys, well today was a good day, minus not being able to ride due to weather. But I got a straight pipe exhaust for free from a guy at work and everything lines up minus the bracket for the frame. Will have to cut old bracket and weld up a new one. Also, got the 1 gallon compressor tank from work so will try to mod that up sometime soon for a new electronics tin. Also got some free tools but no need to go into that

Finally don't have anything to do this weekend so am hoping to get the new bracket for exhaust welded up, turn signals put on, and fabricate a hitch mounted carrier. Will try to post pictures when done but at the moment the camera is not working so we will see. I am also trying to find a good half helmet without the mushroom head look...any advice? pictures would be nice, to see how it looks on someone.

Does anybody know if original bolts/nuts are available anywhere? Accidently forgot to tighten down a few and they came off when riding.

9. #879 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    P- Nuts and bolts are available in the metric section of the local hardware store. WOuldn't hurt to swap out for stainless bits. While there grab some locktite blue!
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

10. #880 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Kev, I have been to all local hardware stores and the big Lowes/HomeDepot but they dont always have what I need. I have locktite but just forgot to put it on the bolts because it was in the house and not with my tools.