Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 21121151161169170171
Results 1,701 to 1,708 of 1708
  1. #1701 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by HawksHobby View Post
    I have had my Heist for 2 weeks and have put 300 miles on it. Nothing has come loose and have had no issues as of this post. It rides a lot better than I thought it would. No mods yet. It runs highway speeds fine. I run 60-65 to work with out rapping it out. I am about 160lbs , 5'9" tall. So far I think I made a great choice in buying this bike. I have put about $6 in gas.
    Congrats man! I love mine too so far!

2. #1702 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    What is the concensus on cutting the stock exhaust pipe?

Is there a catalyst and a baffler in there?

I want to disassemble and clean the carb, as I have lots of stumbles and poor starts. I figured I would rejet it, do the EVAP block off plate and cut the exhaust (since buying a new pipe from G&D is too much $$$).

Will I get the same gains from just cutting the pipe as ding the G&D exhaust. Any recommendation on which jets to use?

3. #1703 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I cut my stock pipe and yes there is a baffle you have to remove. Its not the easiest thing to do so be sure to clean up the cut you made on the pipe before you try to pry it out. My next mod will be the carb. Cutting the pipe has a nice gain in itself but be ready for the noise level if you get over 55mph to be ear busting. At 55mph or less it sounds great. I love the sound and am glad I chopped it. I have over 1000klm on mine and am on it 5 days a week at least.
    As far as what every one negative said about the bike I will say this. I have replaced 2 light bulbs, adjusted the chain once, tightened the mirrors once, adjusted the seat and locked the bolts down as it had too much wobble side to side causing the big to wobble a lot at 60mph. I have had nothing fall off yet. I will be updating this again in a week or so.

Banned
    2 and 4 sounds right
    4 thou for exhaust as it's the hotter
    Intake is cooler air etc

C-Moto Noob
    Morning all

Sent from my E39 using Tapatalk

6. #1706 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, does anyone know what the JT part number is for the front sprocket for the Hesit? I am trying to order a 16t online.

7. #1707 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Hi, does anyone know what the JT part number is for the front sprocket for the Hesit? I am trying to order a 16t online.
    Take the caliper out 1st...
    Vertical chonda (Thumper) 428 Most :JTF259 /some :JTF1264 | JTR269 520 Most :JTF328 /Some :JTF1324

8. #1708 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Take the caliper out 1st...
    Vertical chonda (Thumper) 428 Most :JTF259 /some :JTF1264 | JTR269 520 Most :JTF328 /Some :JTF1324
    Interesting - from my measurements the JTF259 has a minor diameter too big at 18mm, I am measureing around 16.5mm (lets say 17mm). Then the JTF1264 spline key size is too big at 5mm (I measure 4mm). Closest to me looks like a JTF1263 which is a 16mm inner diameter, mount that on the lathe and grind or bore it out to 17mm.