Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 113 of 171 FirstFirst ... 6393103111112113114115123133163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1708
  1. #1121 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Heist owner, the bike looks great, apparently you and I buying these things has caused it to rain for the first time in a year. All of Austin owes us a thank you, lol. Gardo speaks the truth regarding Weaverrides. His mods make these bikes run even better!

Gardo, the inspection sticker is 2.5X3.5". I think I might attach a small side mount off of the rear fender strut just for the inspection sticker and leave the plate on the rear fender. I will experiment around today.

2. #1122 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Barrow View Post
    Heist owner, the bike looks great, apparently you and I buying these things has caused it to rain for the first time in a year. All of Austin owes us a thank you, lol. Gardo speaks the truth regarding Weaverrides. His mods make these bikes run even better!

Gardo, the inspection sticker is 2.5X3.5". I think I might attach a small side mount off of the rear fender strut just for the inspection sticker and leave the plate on the rear fender. I will experiment around today.
    I made an inspection sticker bracket and mounted it as shown. *I used a galvanized hurricane strap for lumber I bought from home depot for two bucks. *I cut off one side and drilled a hole in the other, then used the fender strut bolt to attach it. *The surface area is the exact size of the inpection sticker, so for Texans, this item is perfect. Spray painted it black, except the area where the sticker goes. *Rock solid and worked out well. *I am ready for OCC!

3. #1123 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Barrow View Post

Sgt Barrow- Yea I know it's been raining soo much now ever since I got my Heist. Why could it rain this last summer when we needed it most? Haha And your bike looks sooo good man I love it! And that side mount idea looks good I'm going to go ahead and do that too mine.

4. #1124 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Always the way man in NJ it rained what felt like everyday and night in Aug

Barrow the plate looks good, but beware of vibration snapping it off the bike while in motion. can you take a pic of the backside of it and show how its attached
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #1125 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Always the way man in NJ it rained what felt like everyday and night in Aug

Barrow the plate looks good, but beware of vibration snapping it off the bike while in motion. can you take a pic of the backside of it and show how its attached
    I left about two inches of metal on the attachment side of the bracket, which rests flush against the flat section of the frame where the strut nut attaches. In this photo you can see I used the strut nut to secure the bracket, plus some locktite. The surface area where the tag is will be placed is angled so it should be pretty aerodynamic, not taking the wind at a 90 degree angle. Tuff to get a good photo, hope this makes sense? BTW - Got some black inch exhaust wrap on today. Should help from keeping the leg and shoe from melting on to the exhaust.

6. #1126 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist owner View Post
    Sgt Barrow- Yea I know it's been raining soo much now ever since I got my Heist. Why could it rain this last summer when we needed it most? Haha And your bike looks sooo good man I love it! And that side mount idea looks good I'm going to go ahead and do that too mine.
    Look me up and I'll show you how I made the plate. I have the right tools and I will be happy to share, plus I have a friend looking to buy a Heist and he would love to see yours so he can see a more traditional looking bike. He wants to drive up to Plano.

7. #1127 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Does anyone have a pic of we're the air fuel mixture screw is on the carb I can't seem too find it.

8. #1128 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist owner View Post
    Does anyone have a pic of we're the air fuel mixture screw is on the carb I can't seem too find it.
    I'll snap a shot and post it
    carb manual
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #1129 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Setting the air fuel screw was always something of a mystery to me. Recently, I picked up a simple digital tachometer/hour meter. Really helped dial that mixture.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049IFX56
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

10. #1130 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

Just got my tag and inspection sticker. People started taking photos of my bike...that was pretty cool.