Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 120 of 171 FirstFirst ... 70100110118119120121122130140170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1708
  1. #1191 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    Gardo! Thanks for the prompt and thorough replies, dood. I think you've become like a de facto celebrity, man--you're all over the forums, and I see you all sorts of YouTube videos. And you're so good looking...

Aaaawkward...

No, really, all silly humor aside, thanks for posting answers to my questions. Here's another:

When equipped with all of Tom's go-fast tricks and goodies can Tha Heist do sufficient highway travel? I'm neither a fast rider nor a highway rider, but to get to the kind of roads I like both fast and highway are inevitable.
    LMAO - thats some funny stuff, Nicholas.

You and i are approx the same height and weight I'm up and down the highways all the time. cruising at 65 with plenty of power to shoot past 80mph. I have almost 7000 miles on my Heist. Longest trip I took was 300 miles one way and am planning on riding down to Daytona in March, 1200 miles one way.

So to answer your question yes, the heist will hit Highway speeds with no issue.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #1192 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Today I spoke with James Banke at Banke Performance (bankeperformance.com) about a set of stock size ultra lightweight wheels for Tha Heist. He said he can make stock size wheels that retain the stock brakes, cush drive (if so equipped--does Tha Heist have cush drive?), rotor, everything. Each wheel will have an ultralight machined aluminum hub, alloy rims, ultralight tapered stainless spokes and nipples, and lightweight inner tubes and tires. BTW, Pirelli Night Dragon tires are currently the lightest tire available for the custom and cruiser segment (already researched this on XLforum.net and triumphrat.net), and come in stock Heist sizes. Each wheel will be a 100% bolt-on replacement for the stock units, no fiddling or fabrication required whatsoever.

So, using these new Banke wheel/tire sets, along with the G and D Short Exhaust, I think I can realistically get Tha Heist down to an honest 300lb curb weight. Taking into account Tom Weaver's hop-up mods, such a Heist should literally be at the apex of its reliable, naturally aspirated performance capabilities.

BTW, each Banke wheel/tire set can cost from 2500-3000USD, so if you want one for yourself be prepared to spend outrageously irrational money.

However, in my opinion, for anyone with the cash to burn it's exactly what to get.

3. #1193 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    First off welcome Nicholas!

Now...
    WHERE DO I SIGN UP? i need those wheels bro.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

4. #1194 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb96gt View Post
    First off welcome Nicholas!

Now...
    WHERE DO I SIGN UP? i need those wheels bro.

Contact James Banke at http://www.bankeperformance.com/contact.html

Tell him Nicholas sent you to buy the first set of those ultralights for CCW's Tha Heist.

Like I posted, these ain't cheap. But if you're an enthusiast of small displacement, super lightweight motos like myself, and like myself don't care about "moving up" to a pig-heavy big displacement cycle, then spending this kind of money to radically reduce centrifugal mass is truly worth every penny.

A motorcycle that weighs only 300lbs and makes twenty or so horsepower is the very definition of fun, especially when that motorcycle is genuinely ol' skool' traditional in appearance.

5. #1195 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Speaking of reducing weight and spending lots o' scratch...

Anyone know what kind/brand of battery Tha Heist uses? If we went with a lithium ion or similar unit from Odessey Battery or Shorai Power or Ballistic Performance, potentially we could knock off another 5 to 7 pounds, and possibly do it for less than a hundred and fifty dollars.

6. #1196 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Guys, what's the shortest a person can be and still ride a Heist comfortably? It seems to me the forward controls are so very forward that someone of short stature and with a short inseam will be very uncomfortable.

BTW, should I be posting my questions and comments in this thread, or somewhere else? The CCWriders forum is hardly active, and this thread seems to be pretty slow as far as I can tell. Is there a more active forum or something?
    Last edited by nicholastanguma; 02-03-2012 at 03:20 AM.

7. #1197 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Nicholas, the CCWTHARIDERS page just went active 4 weeks ago, and this thread is checked everyday by what the view counter says. Facebook has the most action of the three. Here or the CCWTHARIDERS forum is starting to pick up speed but here is a great place to ask your questions.

So there is a rider out on the left coast he is just under 5'4" and she rides a Heist comfortably. So 5'2" I would say is the cut off.

May need to make a stick that says this tall to ride LoL
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #1198 Re: Hello from Barbados. Question re Mid Controls 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by trini View Post
    Gardo

I have not sat on the bike, actually I have not even seen the bike. I have seen the only website and have basically read the posts here and looked at quite a few videos. your bike is fantastic.

My personal preference is for the mid controls and the only challenge I am having is trying to explain where I want them. I am thinking that because the seat is so low, maybe they should be located so that the riders leg is straight down from the knee (right angle to the ground with foot on the peg). Have only seen two photos with the bike with mid controls but there is not much detail. I am about 5 ft 9 in. I was thinking the pegs should be just behind (one inch) the stock kickstand.

Would be great if I had a bike to measure up to see where they should be. Anyhow I appreciate your comments and by the way all of your videos have been a huge help.

Anyone have updates on Tom Weaver's possible mid-controls? Me likey, me want!

Airbag suspension seat, custom made cushy seat, and mid-controls should make riding a hardtail as close to comfortable as it can get.

9. #1199 Re: Hello from Barbados. Question re Mid Controls 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    Anyone have updates on Tom Weaver's possible mid-controls? Me likey, me want!

Airbag suspension seat, custom made cushy seat, and mid-controls should make riding a hardtail as close to comfortable as it can get.
    Shoot him an e-mail,through his website WeaverRides I do love my custom seat and suspension.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #1200 Re: Hello from Barbados. Question re Mid Controls 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Though this is not specifically about the Heist, I thought MCM members would appreciate this little item of biker p*rn, courtesy of BikeExif. Yes, this is Cleveland CycleWerks owner Scott Colosimo's personal ride, a restored and customized 1954 BSA that he found on fleabay. Those huge front and rear disks are from a Gixxer....

The article touches on CCW's very interesting business strategy, which of course is showcased here in Gardo's most excellent thread.

Congrats, Scott.

cheers!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)