Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 122 of 171 FirstFirst ... 72102112120121122123124132142 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1708
  1. #1211 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

Fah-reekin' sah-weet! That gorgeous tank makes it look Detrot Bros. Beautiful color scheme, too, man!

What's the deal with Maine laws concerning rigid frames?

2. #1212 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    the frame has to be factory built to be rigid. no bolt on, weld on, chopped frames or rigid struts. Also, the inspector had the final say on if any custom build is 'safe'.

3. #1213 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    freakin sweet is right man, Welcome SHA!
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

4. #1214 More Comfy Seats 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Fellow Heisters, mi padre es chicano y mi madre es la blanca, so aside from doing squats in the gym I'm not working with a lot of padding in the derriere department. I remember a while ago someone (S**twizard, maybe?) bolted on a wider and more thickly padded seat. I think it was from West Eagle Japan.

At Gardo's suggestion I'm having the Weave put a CCW airbag system in place of those horrid stock springs, but I'm wondering if anyone knows whether any of the West Eagle seats, or any other manufacturer for that matter, are *miraculously* a direct bolt-on replacement for the stock Heist bum pad and compatible with the airbag setup.
    Last edited by nicholastanguma; 02-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.

5. #1215 Re: More Comfy Seats 
    Personally, here's my two cents...

Skip the airbag. Get some $25 springs, 3" 4" whatever. Still not happy with that, get yourself a seat. West Eagle or whatever just measure the bolt spacing on the bottom of it and make sure it comes close to the stocker. SStiiiiiiiiiilllll not happy, get tha arrrrbag.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

6. #1216 Found Some Comfy Seat Options 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Here are the seat measurements for Tha Heist's stock seat as listed at the CCW store.

These bobber seats from Corbin and La Rosa have mounting bolt patterns very, very close to those pictured above, so I'm thinking they might fit as easy bolt-on options. Furthermore, they offer much larger surface area, thicker padding, and more rear "no-slip lip" support than the stock unit.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/hybrid/bob.shtml

https://www.larosadesign.us/index.php?cPath=23_29_42

https://www.larosadesign.us/index.php?cPath=23_29_45

7. #1217 Re: Found Some Comfy Seat Options 
    I also have the West Eagle seat like Kevin, bolts right up. The padding is much better than the stock and has more lip in the back - no more slippage. I also have Chopper Shox that do not have the abrupt rebound that I was getting from the stock shocks. Many Heist riders are going with John's springs and are swearing by them http://shop.233motorsports.com/233-C...gs-2333009.htm

8. #1218 Re: Found Some Comfy Seat Options 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by scootdog11 View Post
    I also have the West Eagle seat like Kevin, bolts right up. The padding is much better than the stock and has more lip in the back - no more slippage. I also have Chopper Shox that do not have the abrupt rebound that I was getting from the stock shocks. Many Heist riders are going with John's springs and are swearing by them http://shop.233motorsports.com/233-C...gs-2333009.htm

Are John's springs these for sale at 233 Motorsports? If so, what could possibly make these more comfortable or different than all the other similar seat springs floating around out there? Aren't they all made at the same crappy foundry somewhere in China, and aren't they all ridiculously "unspringy?"

I'm wanting as much comfort as possible, guys, so I'm a bit leery of seat springs, even the high-priced ones like Chopper Shox.

9. #1219 Re: Found Some Comfy Seat Options 
    --delete--
    Last edited by scootdog11; 02-18-2012 at 10:10 PM.

10. #1220 Re: Found Some Comfy Seat Options 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    Are John's springs these for sale at 233 Motorsports? If so, what could possibly make these more comfortable or different than all the other similar seat springs floating around out there? Aren't they all made at the same crappy foundry somewhere in China, and aren't they all ridiculously "unspringy?"

I'm wanting as much comfort as possible, guys, so I'm a bit leery of seat springs, even the high-priced ones like Chopper Shox.
    Yes, those are the ones. I don't have these springs to give any type of of review, but unlike the gazillion other springs out there, I do know these particular ones come with hardware to bolt right up to the Heist. If you don't like shocks or springs, you can go with an air ride, but that is even more expensive than Chopper Shox.