Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 149 of 171 FirstFirst ... 99129139147148149150151159169 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1708
  1. #1481 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjacks View Post
    Got my 2012 Heist yesterday. Things done yesterday to the bike - Chopped the pipe and wrapped it, 16T front sprocket and a gold x-ring chain. Next will be the seat, indicators and maybe the tins. Love this bike

Attachment 8102Attachment 8103

What is that for a chain?where can i order it? is this chan better then the HD Chain from Weavers?

2. #1482 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    LOVE the gold chain! Did you re-jet the carb when you chopped the pipe?
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

3. #1483 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    One of my first mods was a X-Chain, quiet & smooth. Not cheap.

4. #1484 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    @swiss bobber; i'm in South Africa. Its a moto-x gold x-ring chain by SFR.

@ktmracer; i just set the needles so that it does'nt "close-throttle" back fire when slowing down from flat out

5. #1485 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    @jazzy jacks: can you give me please the correct type of the chain that i can order it? or a link on ebay? what chain we need for the heisst the lengh i mean?

6. #1486 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey guys. Back with the questions about the forward controls. Are there any after-market controls that would fit the heist? I'd really like to raise the shift peg so I could ride with my foot in the shifting area like on this DF picture:

mccarthy1.jpg

I have to tilt my foot down and in before I can shift. If I wear sneakers no problem but not with boots. Am I the only one with this problem? I've searched for similar controls but these look proprietary. Tried moving the seat but no go. Has anyone switched their out? Thanx.

7. #1487 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey everybody! I am brand new to the forum and have been lurking around for a while so I decided to join. I purchased a CCW Heist back in April and have been loving the ride since. I just want to say thank you to everyone here on the forum for all your knowledge it has helped me a bunch already! Anyways back onto the bike. I was super lucky to find it used on craigslist with only 171km on the clock. I paid 2500$ cash for it and was super stoked on the deal since it was basically brand new. After riding it for a while I really wanted to make it my own by customizing it like all the epic bikes I see here. I finally took a huge jump after my recent paycheck and bought most of the bigger mods I wanted for the bike.

I purchased a G&D short exhaust and weaver "race carb" straight from CCW online. I also bought a kit from 233 motorsports that includes DID 428 chain and 16t sprocket, EVAP cover and hose stop! Rear axle license plate and light bracket, and Stainless steel shift rod. My final purchase was biltwell 7/8 keystone bars. The bike on here I believe is the "shitwizard" has these bars and they look amazing! I plan on installing all of the mods next weekend and am most worried about the evap kit exhaust and chain/sprocket combo. If you guys have any input or advice before I tackle the project it would be greatly appreciated. I also was curious if I will need to get new cables for the keystone bars or if stock will stretch right up? Looks as if it should be okay..

Again thank you guys so much for helping me out with the purchase of the Nike and all the info you have. This is my first motorcycle and have taken MSF course prior to purchase. I have always loved the bobber style and am super stoked to have such and amazing bike for the price. With what I payed for the bike and all the mods I have ordered I am still right around 3 grand and that is awesome for such a cool bike! I still have other small things planned such as exhaust wrap, new gas cap, handlebar grips, and possibly different sprocket setup in the rear. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Heist riders you guys rock!

8. #1488 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    @Swiss bobber; SFR competition gold x-ring 428.

9. #1489 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Awfully quiet here. Still curious if anyone has used different forward control using stock frame mount.

Anyway, these aren't pretty but they extend the pegs just enough for me to ride with my boot in the shift zone comfortably.

P1060647.jpg
    P1060653.jpg
    P1060652.jpg

This may seem trivial to some and maybe everyone's foot fits in like mine does now with no problem, but it didn't before. You can see in the third picture my boot just fits. I'd rather not have had to make the adjustables but it's better than welding the shift rod tab in a different place as I have no welding equipment.. Maybe later on I'll figure something else out- have a shop do it for me.

Best,
    Xeta

Sorry for redundant controls picture. Tried to change one out and delete but didn't work. My bad. Can we not delete pictures?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by xetaprime; 09-12-2012 at 09:18 PM.

10. #1490 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjacks View Post
    @Swiss bobber; SFR competition gold x-ring 428.

How many links i need? Please help me :-)