Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 115 of 171 FirstFirst ... 6595105113114115116117125135165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1708
  1. #1141 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Two newbie questions. I have not used the choke, no need to date as it has started right up and ran fine. Yesterday was my first opportunity to put in a day of riding and noticed once warmed up and on the road the bike idled a little too fast and would almost flood out if I gassed it at a stop light. what position should it be in once the bike is warmed up...al the way back or just play it by ear? My choke was in about the center position, maybe even a litle forward of center. If I move it all the way back/ off and it died while idling.
    Second question, the seat position. I moved the seat forward to place the springs in a more vertical position, this should give a softer ride, correct?

2. #1142 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    A wuss huh.... that's what all you guys you have ridden with suspension think till you ride a hard tail for a distance LoL. I can do a couple hundred miles and bounce right off the bike without an issue. Kidney belt is the way to go with a hard tail. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the ride brother.

as far as your questions back down the choke a bit you can hear the difference in the idle I keep mine dead center most days. As far as the seat is concerned it will pick you up a bit and give you some more travel and should soften it up a bit
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #1143 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    A wuss huh.... that's what all you guys you have ridden with suspension think till you ride a hard tail for a distance LoL. I can do a couple hundred miles and bounce right off the bike without an issue. Kidney belt is the way to go with a hard tail. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the ride brother.

as far as your questions back down the choke a bit you can hear the difference in the idle I keep mine dead center most days. As far as the seat is concerned it will pick you up a bit and give you some more travel and should soften it up a bit
    Thanks Gardo, I rode again today and the seat felt a lot better raised up a couple notches. As for the choke, good to know as I was not certain if it was supposed to run correct with it all the way off. My bike also runs best when it is about in the middle. Funny I got more compliments and questions in two days of riding my Heist than I ever get on my Harley. I also read where someone wrote these were old guy magnets, funny I had a lot of older guys dry ing over my bike this weekend. Of course, I am fifty something, so I guess I qualify as one of those old guys...shit!

4. #1144 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    What a crock! You should see my license plate...LOL
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

5. #1145 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist owner View Post
    Borrow- This is how i got my tag right now. With no drilling and using all the parts that were already on the bike. Im now working on how to mount the tail light too it.

Attachment 5894
    Wow, that bike is beautiful. Great color choice...
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

6. #1146 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Sgt Barrow --

Yup, looks like the effects of "the magnet" were especially strong on you, lol. Bike looks great on you man!

Through the summer I hardly ever need the choke at all. Now that it's cold it needs it for a few minutes until it's warmed up. At that point, I wouldn't think you'd need any choke for riding around. Probably just a cold weather thing. Maybe I'm confusing what you're saying, but the chokes "off" position is all the way forward. With the lever all the back it's totally choking the bike and it not run. You can take off the air cleaner and look inside as you slide the lever on the bars to get an idea of what it's doing.

The seat springs I actually found to work much better in the rear positions. Something about adding some angle to those little shocks made everything more smooth. I can tell you one of the best things I did was swapping out to the traditional style springs.

Take care and watch those winter roads everyone.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

7. #1147 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Kb96gt-

Yes I was unclear, but I understand the choke now..thanks. As for the seat, guess it depends on your weight, etc..as I moved it forward a couple notches and it feels a lot smoother to my 185 lbs. I like the look of the seat all the way back better, low low, lower. But, until I get tougher, I will keep it forward a little, lol.

8. #1148 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Octane? 87, 89 or 93? Manual says anything over 86 is fine....anyone have input?

9. #1149 Hello from Barbados. Question re Mid Controls 
    C-Moto Noob
    What a bike ! I am hoping to get a Heist customized with mid controls. I am waiting to hear back from Tom but wondered whether anyone had any ideas or suggestions on whether moving the forward controls to mid controls is possible/practical.

I have seen a couple shots of the Japanese and South African bike which have mid controls but the pictures are not detailed enough to see how they were done. I assume the exhaust will have to be customized to accommodate.

Any comments appreciated.

10. #1150 Re: Hello from Barbados. Question re Mid Controls 
    Barrow, I run 93 in mine but I also have the head carb and custom exhaust, with the size of the tank and the cost of maybe 50 - 80 cents 93 oct is the best way to go.

Trini - welcome to the MCM boards, Mid controls in theory should be easy to do its adjusting the the rods and getting the correct levers in place. If anyone can figure it out its Weaver. and you are correct about the exhaust.

I personally prefer the forward controls, it offers just enough stretch but not to far out for my 5'7" frame, riding is about comfort as much as it is anything else so it comes down to what you like. Have you sat on a Heist yet?
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders