Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 119 of 171 FirstFirst ... 6999109117118119120121129139169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1708
  1. #1181 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Well Weaver now has a big boy site check it out http://weaverrides3.weebly.com/
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #1182 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Bashman, Welcome to the MCM boards great site take a look around. any questions on the Heist give us a shout or check us out
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #1183 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I just thought of something. I'm 6'4", 200lbs... am I going to look like the proverbial "fat guy in a little coat" on this bike? I love the look of bobbers but I've never even sat on one. The only cruiser I've ever ridden was a HD Sportster. Is this bike comparable in size, or bigger (hopefully)
    I guess I'm just trying to psych myself out because I'm really worried I'm not gonna fit on it cuz I really want one. Anyone of roughly my size ride that could give some impressions? Thanks!

4. #1184 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by NBowen200 View Post
    I just thought of something. I'm 6'4", 200lbs... am I going to look like the proverbial "fat guy in a little coat" on this bike? I love the look of bobbers but I've never even sat on one. The only cruiser I've ever ridden was a HD Sportster. Is this bike comparable in size, or bigger (hopefully)
    I guess I'm just trying to psych myself out because I'm really worried I'm not gonna fit on it cuz I really want one. Anyone of roughly my size ride that could give some impressions? Thanks!

We have riders that are well over 6' but sit on the bike and check it out. the heist is longer than a sporty and the forward controls give it a different stance , if you are on FB hit up the group and ask the guys dont take my word for it .
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #1185 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    NBowen i was wondering the same thing till i found a video on youtube of a 260 pound 6 foot tall guy sitting on one and i would say you would fit fine on it, you might have to a just the seat a little or get bar raiser but the length and height should be fine. but you should check it out in person

6. #1186 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey fellas, nooby here posting for the first time with some basic questions. I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while doing research on Tha Heist, and having read through all the great firsthand info and talking with Tom Weaver I think I see a new CCW in my future.

1) What is the ACTUAL curb weight of a Heist, not just what official website specs give?

2) How much weight do you think I can knock off going with a G and D Short Exhaust? Less weight is more motorcycle!

3) My first moto twelve years ago was a hardtail, and it was freakin' brutal to ride! If I have the airbag seat installed just how "comfortable" will I find Tha Heist to be? I'm 5'8" tall, 31" inseam, 170lbs.

4) What kind of mpg can I expect after ALL of the Weaver hot rodding mods?

5) Are the fenders and headlight metal or plastic?

6) What's the fork diameter?

7. #1187 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Well Weaver now has a big boy site check it out http://weaverrides3.weebly.com/

Cool!
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

8. #1188 Re: CCW tha Heist 

9. #1189 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    Hey fellas, nooby here posting for the first time with some basic questions. I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while doing research on Tha Heist, and having read through all the great firsthand info and talking with Tom Weaver I think I see a new CCW in my future.

1) What is the ACTUAL curb weight of a Heist, not just what official website specs give?

2) How much weight do you think I can knock off going with a G and D Short Exhaust? Less weight is more motorcycle!

3) My first moto twelve years ago was a hardtail, and it was freakin' brutal to ride! If I have the airbag seat installed just how "comfortable" will I find Tha Heist to be? I'm 5'8" tall, 31" inseam, 170lbs.

4) What kind of mpg can I expect after ALL of the Weaver hot rodding mods?

5) Are the fenders and headlight metal or plastic?

6) What's the fork diameter?
    nicholas, first up let me welcome you to the MCM boards, there is a lot of amazing knowledge and stories here and quite a many great people.

I will be more than happy to answer all your questions to the best of my ability, in the order you asked.

1. The tha heist is just about 300lbs. Light weight an agile and a blast scampering through traffic. I can pickup my bike and move it in my garage with ease.

2. The stock pipe is pretty heavy for the bike, and by comparison the G&D short pipe weighs in very light. It also has a nice sound to it. I believe that you loose almost 10lbs swapping pipes. (Anyone else care to chime in and verify. Been a while since I had the stock pipe.)

3. I have the Airbag and it was night and day compared the the lil seat shocks that come stock. I just added a set of 4" springs with the airbag for aesthetics but found that the combination of the 2 has drastically increased the suspension and handling of the ride. I would also look into a thicker better padded seat if you like to do some longer rides like I do.

4. I'm getting approx 65 +/- MPG on my ride. I have the full workup done to the bike, Carb, Pipe, Head, chain and sprockets. I'm also an aggressive rider so on the more conservative type of rider that would increase. When I'm on I80 and flat out I'm betting I'm getting less than that. I usually get 120 - 130miles to the tank, before hitting reserve.

5. The Fenders are metal front and back, the headlight and speedo housing are plastic.

6. the upper diameter of the forks are 37mm and after market clip ons do work on this bike. The stock risers fit handlebars that are 7/8.

Hope this answers your questions and please also check us out at www.ccwthariders.com

~Gardo
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #1190 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Gardo! Thanks for the prompt and thorough replies, dood. I think you've become like a de facto celebrity, man--you're all over the forums, and I see you featured in all sorts of YouTube videos. And you're so good looking...

Aaaawkward...

No, really, all silly humor aside, thanks for posting answers to my questions. Here's another:

When equipped with all of Tom's go-fast tricks and goodies can Tha Heist do sufficient highway travel? I'm neither a fast rider nor a highway rider, but to get to the kind of roads I like both fast and highway are inevitable.
    Last edited by nicholastanguma; 02-01-2012 at 12:27 AM.