Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 121 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71101111119120121122123131141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1708
  1. #1201 Re: Hello from Barbados. Question re Mid Controls 
    Okay guys i have spoken about T-shirts patches and the like I have a short run of T-shirts being done take a look

http://ccwthariders2.weebly.com/1/po...ts-coming.html
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #1202 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    Gardo! Thanks for the prompt and thorough replies, dood. I think you've become like a de facto celebrity, man--you're all over the forums, and I see you featured in all sorts of YouTube videos. And you're so good looking...

Aaaawkward...

No, really, all silly humor aside, thanks for posting answers to my questions. Here's another:

When equipped with all of Tom's go-fast tricks and goodies can Tha Heist do sufficient highway travel? I'm neither a fast rider nor a highway rider, but to get to the kind of roads I like both fast and highway are inevitable.
    John MacGugan
    Owner - 233 Customs
    Cleveland CycleWerks Dealer
    www.233motorsports.com
    http://shop.233motorsports.com

3. #1203 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    hey guys just wondering how everyone is doing in these last few weeks of the cold before the riding season begins.

also i have a new blog up http://ccwthariders2.weebly.com/1/po...t-the-bar.html
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

4. #1204 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ain't nobody riding in Denver right now. 25 degrees Fahrenheit!

Surely Jersey is just as cold, if not more so.

However, I'll admit to sometimes going through moto withdrawal so much that I'll suit up in a thousand layers of everything warm in the closet, and go for a blat until either my soul is assuaged or I blackout from hypothermia, whichever comes first.

5. #1205 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Ain't nobody riding in Denver right now. 25 degrees Fahrenheit!

Surely Jersey is just as cold, if not more so.

However, I'll admit to sometimes going through moto withdrawal so much that I'll suit up in a thousand layers of everything warm in the closet, and go for a blat until either my soul is assuaged or I blackout from hypothermia, whichever comes first.

Nice i did that the other day, wrapped up not the passing out got in an hr ride before throwing in the towel
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #1206 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Gardo, that was an interesting blog post you just put up. I found myself nodding in agreement quite a bit. In the last year I have become a full-fledged small displacement convert.

Like anyone else who has been a petrolhead long enough, I once lusted after unholy amounts of horsepower and chassis-twisting torque. Hot rods, Jeeps, and motos, all modded to set my hair on fire at Mach 1 with just the slightest tap of the go pedal or the slightest goose of the throttle.

After years in that game I found myself fundamentally unsatisfied--not with the machines themselves, but with something in myself. After much introspection I realized that I had become an addict to chasing more: more power, more bragging rights. It had become a race for nothing but ego, an endless race for higher dyno numbers. Literally, I was only satisfied when my machines made more power than some other guy's machines.

I was no longer having fun--all my toys were shallow, ersatz penis enlargers. I was no longer having fun.

I did a complete about-face. I made a conscious decision to go back to what was fun. I gave up all the hot rods and 4x4s, and ran back to the arms of my first love: motorcycles, and nothing else. Furthermore, I made another conscious decision to go back to what I had originally found fun about motorcycles so many years ago: simple and lightweight. Riding simply for the sake of riding.

All of my toys now actually please me because I no longer care about being a pretentious asshat; you know, one of those jerks you see at the stoplight drag races. I now only ride ultra lightweight, small displacement single cylinder motorcycles. My greatest concession to complexity is (sometimes) electronic fuel injection. I will never go back.

I am happier than ever.

7. #1207 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Gardo, that was an interesting blog post you just put up. I found myself nodding in agreement quite a bit. In the last year I have become a full-fledged small displacement convert.

Like anyone else who has been a petrolhead long enough, I once lusted after unholy amounts of horsepower and chassis-twisting torque. Hot rods, Jeeps, and motos, all modded to set my hair on fire at Mach 1 with just the slightest tap of the go pedal or the slightest goose of the throttle.

After years in that game I found myself fundamentally unsatisfied--not with the machines themselves, but with something in myself. After much introspection I realized that I had become an addict to chasing more: more power, more bragging rights. It had become a race for nothing but ego, an endless race for higher dyno numbers. Literally, I was only satisfied when my machines made more power than some other guy's machines.

I was no longer having fun--all my toys were shallow, ersatz penis enlargers. I was no longer having fun.

I did a complete about-face. I made a conscious decision to go back to what was fun. I gave up all the hot rods and 4x4s, and ran back to the arms of my first love: motorcycles, and nothing else. Furthermore, I made another conscious decision to go back to what I had originally found fun about motorcycles so many years ago: simple and lightweight. Riding simply for the sake of riding.

All of my toys now actually please me because I no longer care about being a pretentious asshat; you know, one of those jerks you see at the stoplight drag races. I now only ride ultra lightweight, small displacement single cylinder motorcycles. My greatest concession to complexity is (sometimes) electronic fuel injection. I will never go back.

I am happier than ever.

Dude thats awesome, I know the feeling. there is at some point a fever for more power that has an unquenchable thirst. for me the Heist is back to basics. I still modded it to get the most out but this was more to get her to run the way I like to run, more long distance at a steady pace these days.

Thanks for sharing
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #1208 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California

I am happier than ever.
    Great post, great food for thought, and great argument for Chinabikes!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #1209 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi every one. I have been riding a small honda for the past few years (cb125, 1978) and this past year i was considering making it into a bobber, that was until i read the Maine state laws concerning rigid framed bikes, and realized that there was no way in hell it would pass inspection. I had the bobber bug in my brain and soon found 'tha heist'. I was skeptical due to it being a china bike, and from reading horror stories about the dongfang bobber. this site has been a great help in getting me to pull the trigger. picked up my bike (SHA heist) this weekend. flipped the bars ala the 60's cafe seen, fixed a suzuki k15 "hillbilly" tank and lowered the taillight to give it a smoother line. not done yet, but i hope you all like it so far. more at SHA blog

heist.jpg

h3.jpg

h2.jpg

10. #1210 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Sha that is a very sweet looking ride you have there. thank you for sharing. that has to be one of the most pretty changes i have seen.

check us out at www.ccwthariders.com
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders