Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 123 of 171 FirstFirst ... 73103113121122123124125133143 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1708
  1. #1221 Re: Found Some Comfy Seat Options 
    How much does that airbag setup weigh compared to the $20 springs?

Certainly lightens the wallet enough
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

2. #1222 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    One of my other concerns with the stock seat is that it seems the rider is constantly just on the cusp of sliding off onto the rear fender, especially when encountering a quick succession of nasty potholes.

Any of you guys having problems like this?

3. #1223 Biltwell Seats are a Sure Fit 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The small slimline seat from Biltwell has sliding mounting bolts that make it infinitely adjustable for just about any mounting bolt pattern. This means, of course, it's guaranteed to fit Tha Heist.

It also has a very pronounced rear lip, which will keep the rider from sliding backward onto the rear fender.

Downsides (as I see them) are that its overall seating surface area is not much greater than the stock unit, and it's still not quite thickly padded enough.

http://www.biltwellinc.com/seats.php
    Last edited by nicholastanguma; 02-21-2012 at 08:10 PM.

4. #1224 Re: Biltwell Seats are a Sure Fit 
    Nicholas, thanks for the link. Think It might be time for a new seat on my girl esp with Daytona 16 days out. I'm planning on doing 3000 miles in 5 - 7 days on my Heist. My seat already has just under 8000 miles on it in the last 9 months so maybe a newer seat is in order LoL
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #1225 Weaver Rides Heist Big Bore Kit! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Fellas, I just received an email from Tom Weaver that says Weaver Rides is currently developing a big bore kit for Cleveland Cyclewerk's Li Fan motor used in Tha Heist and Misfit. Email kelly@weaverrides.com to get put on the mailing list for notification of when the kit is complete.

6. #1226 Re: Weaver Rides Heist Big Bore Kit! 
    that is correct and i will be testing the very first one
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #1227 Re: Weaver Rides Heist Big Bore Kit! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    that is correct and i will be testing the very first one

Alright, Gardo, let's have some details, amigo. How much displacement? Stock compression or high compression piston? Stock cam or upgraded cam? Etc, etc...

8. #1228 Re: Weaver Rides Heist Big Bore Kit! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Gardo,

Good meeting you. Hope you had a successful show. And thank you for your kind words.

/M

9. #1229 Re: Weaver Rides Heist Big Bore Kit! 
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastanguma View Post
    Alright, Gardo, let's have some details, amigo. How much displacement? Stock compression or high compression piston? Stock cam or upgraded cam? Etc, etc...
    No info just yet, i was hit wit this last week Weaver has them coming in soon but will not let them out till its tested but it will, from my understanding get it close, real close, to 300cc. my current config on the bike i get 193psi and have broke 100mph
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #1230 California Scooter Company Hot Rod 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I don't know if anyone else is as rabid a fan of small displacement, single cylinder motos as I am, or if you guys are just Heist enthusiasts only. But in case you share my obsession...

California Scooter Company (http://www.californiascooterco.com/) makes modern replica versions of the original 1940's and 1950's Mustang Motorcycles. Aesthetically, they are a scaled-down Heist motorcycle, with a hardtail frame, spring seat, single cylinder and kickstart.

Original Mustang ca 1950

California Scooter Company replica

Stock, each motorcycle has a Taiwanese-built 150cc engine, rated at about 14hp. Each moto weighs 240lbs wet, so top speed is about 60mph with a rider of 150lbs.

Here's a ride report (with many great pics) about a group of nutters that took a bunch of stock CSC replicas down the entire length of the Baja Peninsula. That's right, a group of hardtail 150cc bobbers down the Baja Pen. There wasn't a single break down, not a single mechanical problem. The only thing any of the riders ever had to do was occasionally tighten some bolts, and once get an exhaust tab welded. These little motorcycles are built TOUGH!

http://www.motofoto.cc/california_sc...quer_baja!.htm

And the coup-de-grace of this entire post: hot rodding.

Raceway Services (http://www.racewayservices.com/) has stroker kits and big bore kits for the stock 150cc motors. Plus, they have a bolt in 250cc engine conversion, and these larger 250cc motors themselves can be fitted with a 300cc big bore kit. Also, there are some performance cam options, a performance carburetor, and high mount exhaust options.

So, imagine a traditionally styled hardtail moto even smaller than Tha Heist, and that weighs about 70lbs less, and makes even more horsepower and torgue. Sweeeeeeet!

If anyone is looking for a way to get their shorty wife or girlfriend into traditional style motorcycling, the CSC could be the way to do it.