Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 142 of 171 FirstFirst ... 92122132140141142143144152162 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1708
  1. #1411 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys, I've been checking out this site for some time ever since I have heard of tha heist. I am taking a MSF class this coming up weekend and I am super stoked! I have a dealer fairly close to me that has tha heist and I went and checked it out and it was love as soon as I sat on it. I sat on a lot of other bikes but none gave me the feeling the heist did. So, I plan on purchasing one ASAP! One question: I saw on the P.I.T Motors sight that the top speed is 72-80 mph depending on rider weight, I weigh 350lbs. Will I still have enough speed to get around town? I plan on getting modifications later to lighten the load. Just want to know about being stock. Can it handle me? Thanks for any feedback.

2. #1412 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Last edited by h20rocket; 05-21-2012 at 07:30 PM.

3. #1413 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thanks gardo, just ordered the 16t and the DID chain, I never did ask, how can I tell which chain I have ?

4. #1414 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm in! I just completed my purchase today on a flat black Heist :) nothing to do now but wait for the bike to be prepped! Oh, and I need to figure out how best to take care of a flat black paint finish. Anyone have any tips on that front?

5. #1415 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Another new forum member here. I am planning on driving down to PIT on Monday to take a look at the Heist. I have read about 75% of this thread and looked at many pictures. I am really excited to look at it, sit on it, and get a feel for it.

I have ridden sport bikes, dirt bikes, atv's, and even a chopper with a S&S motor, but was never really in my place on any of those besides my little Honda XR100 dirtbike. I enjoy the smaller motor and light weight and tossing the thing around. Knowing the Heist is similar just on the street makes me smile. I also want to say thanks to Gardo and the other members for all the info. Even though I do not have the bike yet, I know what will be modded and changed immediately. I also called PIT this morning to see if they would be open on Monday due to the holiday(every store is different) and I spoke with Brett. Very nice guy and wasn't sure about the Monday hours and that I would be called and emailed to confirm they where open. He even offered to open up for me since I will be coming from a couple hours away. I have to say that for someone to offer this to me, who they have never met or spoke with before, it says a lot for the company and what they sell and how they back the product.

I am very excited for my little road trip on Monday.

Andy

6. #1416 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    So, tomorrow I might be buying a Heist from a dealer not too far away here in Fl. They only have the Gold one and honestly, looks okay to me. What was interesting was they said the bikes are on hold while they finishing testing an inhouse fix. They said they've been having issues with sprockets shearing off. I read about that happening on the DF thread but not tha Heist. Has anyone experienced this? Pretty damn excited about joining the gang.

best, Xeta
    Last edited by xetaprime; 06-05-2012 at 08:34 AM.

7. #1417 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've had my Heist for 2 months, 2500 miles and had my rear wheel off at least about 4-5 times. Chaining the Front & Rear Sprocket, HD Chain, etc. I aligned the rear wheel as per instruction (making sure both sides are only within 1-2mm off and only .5-.75" slack in chain. In doing such, I have not sheared my bolts. Being a new rider, I have made shifting errors and things like that too. I'm not a mechanic but can swing wrenches as need. Well, just being careful and following directions will get you far. Gardo can fill in the rest.
    -AJ

Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    So, tomorrow I might be buying a Heist from a dealer not too far away here in Fl. They only have the Gold one and honestly, looks okay to me. What was interesting was they said the bikes are on hold while they finishing testing an inhouse fix. They said they've been having issues with sprockets shearing off. I read about that happening on the DF thread but not tha Heist. Has anyone experienced this? Pretty damn excited about joining the gang.

best, Xeta
    2011 CCW Heist

8. #1418 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Glad you haven't. Although if the dealer is working on these as a preventative measure, maybe it's not just pilot error on some. IDK. Still planning to make the call around 10am. Duhnnn duhnnn duhnnn!

9. #1419 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    By all means have it taken care of. CCW is upgrading all the bolts as PM for free. They sent me upgraded bolts & bushings already and I installed them with my 38t rear sprocket this morning. I didn't need to use the new bushings as mine are only 2 months old and perfect. Please keep in mind, I have had engine deck shaved, carb ported & jetted and g&d exhaust work done. So the 16t & 38t are a perfect fit for the extra power & torque. Stock only go with the 16t up front. (Thanks Gardo!)
    -AJ

Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Glad you haven't. Although if the dealer is working on these as a preventative measure, maybe it's not just pilot error on some. IDK. Still planning to make the call around 10am. Duhnnn duhnnn duhnnn!
    2011 CCW Heist

10. #1420 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    I JUST PLACED THE ORDER! A week to 10 days delivery. I'm damn nervous and excited. D'Ohhh!