Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 143 of 171 FirstFirst ... 93123133141142143144145153163 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1708
  1. #1421 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Does anyone have a picture of the "updated" sprocket bolts yet? I am wondering if they are the same as the Dong Fang setup. If they are a direct replacement I would like to try to buy a set from CCW.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

2. #1422 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Anyone recommend a decent cover for a stock Heist?

3. #1423 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Too late. Ordered one. Hope it fits :0 My bike arrives at the end of next week.

4. #1424 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    hello guys i m new member and i just bot my first motorcycle a ccw heist. i looking forward to learn all the tricks and mods and ideas of customization.
    i'm from new hampshire and i will be taking my motorcycle course in 2 weeks.

5. #1425 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    So my Heist arrives tomorrow around 1pm (dealer's name removed- don't wanna rat). Fingers crossed all goes well.

my_heist.jpg

Update: Sadly- it didn't go well :( I've removed a whole paragraph I wrote earlier. It felt good to vent but why bitch about it. I almost had a Heist... I still may... to be continued...
    Last edited by xetaprime; 06-17-2012 at 01:47 AM.

6. #1426 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    So my Heist arrives tomorrow around 1pm (dealer's name removed- don't wanna rat). Fingers crossed all goes well.

my_heist.jpg

Update: Sadly- it didn't go well. Truth is I did get my mind around a few things such as them saying a 'few' miles when it had 100. Okay. Yesterday morning before delivery I was told of a few nicks in the paint and rust here and there. Before that what I heard was 'new' and 'un-titled'. The bike had a tiny nick on the gas tank- really nothing so fine. There was actually a lot of rusted nuts and bits here and there but it is FL so that was also okay. There was IMO sun damage- handle bars were turning brown, turn signal and head light plastic yellowing like it's been in the sun a lot. Fine. That didn't stop the purchase. The last thing I checked was inside the gas tank. The tank had been repainted from gloss black and they had left black paint inside and it was flaking, chipping and came off on my fingers. That was a deal breaker for me because last November I bought a brand new Tomos Revival moped where the gas goes inside the frame. They had painted inside the top rim which flaked off into the tank and caused fuel flow problems and it's not like removing a tank to clean OY! The tank is the frame. I just couldn't see doing that right off the bat with my 'supposed' new Heist. Taking the tank off, removing the paint flushing and cleaning it from day one. Knowing that the paint was already so brittle would have plagued me even though the dealer kept saying there was no problem and they're 'all like that'. I get it. It happens. But if you ask me- when you repaint a tank at least remove all the original paint. I could deal with all the rest- mileage, rust, sun damage etc. P.S. It was missing the caliper barrel bolt that's mentioned on the CCW website. Don't forget to check for it.

So of course now I'm told there's a restock fee and we did pay in full so now I have to be patient.

I will say I sent an email to CCW and they have been really supportive and are working on a possible solution. I'm not sure how this will play out and honestly yesterday after the dealer left I was thinking Dong Fang but I'm thinking a lot of things like just keeping my Tomos moped and saving the motorcycle for another day... I was this close!

To be continued.

looks like is you got a used bike , like a showroom bike repainted and a bike there was sitting outside on the sun for hours, probably for attract customers.

7. #1427 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    I edited my post and there it is complete in your reply! Dohhh!

Anyway, yeah, agree with you there.

8. #1428 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    IMG_0013.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0010.jpggot my heist delivery totay very nice to ride ,no problems there but the only thing i didn't like was the blackout motor.
    i'm sure the importer did it have the black gloss with the chrome detail motor and what they probably did was suap the fenders and gas tank off a flat black model.
    i guess i going to stop crying and start enjoying what i got

9. #1429 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    It's actually, probably a good thing- easy future rust repair. Looks really nice!

10. #1430 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    If anyone here hasn't checked it out yet - go to http://www.ccwthariders.com/ it's an incredible resource for tha Heist and Misfit (and soon to be Ace) CCW bikes. If you have a CCW bike, which I noticed a lot of you have recently posted about, fill out the form on the homepage of this site to get pinned on the worldwide tha Rider's Map - and check out who's got a CCW bike near you and even set up a ride with them.

Also ask to join the CCW tha Riders FB Group at www.facebook.com/groups/ccwthariders/ a great bunch of guys and gals that love to talk about their beloved CCW bikes, asking questions, telling stories, getting inspiration for customizing and upgrades, etc. - you name it.

One last thing - join the forum on the ccw tha riders website - lots of info there also!