Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 151 of 171 FirstFirst ... 101131141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1708
  1. #1501 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Anyone know where I can pick up one of these decals without calling CCW?

d2e81e29.jpg

2. #1502 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    2012-05-05_11-18-05_793[1].jpg

Caffeinated Heist...

3. #1503 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Normally I'd wait until the handlebars are installed but what the hell. These arrived today- Norman Hyde M bars! Can't wait to put them on. Sometimes it's the little things that make your day.

P1060657.jpg

4. #1504 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Normally I'd wait until the handlebars are installed but what the hell. These arrived today- Norman Hyde M bars! Can't wait to put them on. Sometimes it's the little things that make your day.

P1060657.jpg
    Sharp! What rise, pull and width measurements did you decide on?

5. #1505 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Awfully quiet here. Still curious if anyone has used different forward control using stock frame mount.

Anyway, these aren't pretty but they extend the pegs just enough for me to ride with my boot in the shift zone comfortably.

Attachment 8666
    Attachment 8675
    Attachment 8668

This may seem trivial to some and maybe everyone's foot fits in like mine does now with no problem, but it didn't before. You can see in the third picture my boot just fits. I'd rather not have had to make the adjustables but it's better than welding the shift rod tab in a different place as I have no welding equipment.. Maybe later on I'll figure something else out- have a shop do it for me.

Xeta, how tall are you, what is your inseam measurement, and what adjustment position have you put your seat in?

I've never heard of anyone else having your problem with toe position under the shift peg. I suppose if you're short or have a short inseam, and if your seat is positioned in the rear farthest position, then you'd really have to reach for the forward controls, thus putting your feet in an awkwardly horizontal position.

I know you're a total newbie to the moto world, so one more possibility occurs to me: is it possible as a noob you're simply overthinking every little quirk? I know I've been there and done that.

6. #1506 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey Gun Rod,

These have usable center 5 1/4", end to end 28 1/2", actual rise 3/4" flat surface to bottom of pullback, 4" rise, and 9 1/2" pullbacks. According to Steadfastcycles where I bought them. $56 including shipping. Cheaper by $17-ish than ebay and just fit cable wise with no mods. Phew. They're on and tomorrow will test. Seriously not much difference but I like the look better. Warning to anyone who hasn't changed their bars- you'll need to drill a hole on each side for the controls to lock in place.

P1060659.jpg

nicholastanguma ,

I do have short legs and inseam of 30-ish? Tried moving the seat back and forward- all the way forward where it is now. I could be over thinking it, but no. One thing I am is good mechanically and believe me have a lot of bad traits but I can't ride with my feet under the pegs comfortably. My mod fixed that but removed them today until I can get some stainless steel or something. The edges of the plates just started rusting (barely) damn Florida. So, it could be just my definition of comfort? When I started looking at many other bobber images on Google it just seems either the angle is different or there is more height to the pegs. This really is my only gripe so far and wish it was possible to switch them out or adjust them more without trouble. But the design does appear unique...

Watching Gardo ride in the PIT 'Ride' video it looks like he does what I don't want to do- which is move my foot in and out when shifting. He rides with his foot out at an angle.

heist gardo.jpg

Just an observation. Maybe you could confirm if you read this Gardo. And as a noob it's one thing I didn't want to have to think about learning to shift for the first time. Been riding scooters for years though blah blah blah :)

Found a good photo as another example.

2012-cleveland-cycle-works-heist-02.jpg
    2012-cleveland-cycle-works-heist-02.jpg
    Last edited by xetaprime; 09-21-2012 at 11:23 PM.

7. #1507 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Okay, now I think I completely understand. Unfortunately, your desire not to have to move your foot when shifting simply won't be possible with these forward controls. In fact, in all my years of motorcycling I've rarely seen any forward controls that didn't require the rider to do this--it's just the nature of the beast. Forwards are not mid controls, and therefore must necessarily give up some ergonomic advantage. Since you've got a 30" inseam, which is actually not short at all for a woman (or even a guy, really), I don't think your problem is stature. It's just noobishness to forward controls.

Personally, I strongly dislike forwards for the very reason you've been experiencing, and it's why I got Tom Weaver to start offering mid-controls as an option on his customs. But they're not a bolt-on swap option, only a custom fabrication option, so unless you're ready to shell out some green I think you'll just have to acclimate yourself to the Heist's stock configuration.

8. #1508 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    With due respect, just moving my pegs up an inch fixed my problem and I posted a picture of someone riding the DF250

mccarthy1.jpg

or

GroteFoto-IGOASZU3-468x351.jpg

All that needs to be done is change the angle or elongate them (worked for me). But changing the angle requires welding which I've never done. Anywho...

9. #1509 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    In this latest Heist review by Motorcyle.com http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...iew-91304.html they mention the forks suffer from a "tragic amount of stiction."

I realize Tha Heist is a Chinese-built and Chinese-sourced machine built to an American pricepoint, and that unavoidably means quality issues that are appalling when compared to Japanese or European manufacturer standards, but is anyone's machine actually afflicted with "tragic" amounts of stiction?

10. #1510 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    I haven't ridden it long enough to tell you but that article also mentions

The 21-inch front wheel also wants to flop into corners at slow speeds, complicating parking lot maneuvers.

And maybe because I'm used to smaller bikes I noticed this flop the first ride. But knowing this, being aware, you just don't let it happen. Am I wrong in thinking most bikes have some flop?

That's I think the worst review out there that I've read about the Heist. Many positive ones though.

Best,
    Xeta