Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 152 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2102132142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1708
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have been riding my heist every day for the past month or so and it is a blast and runs like a champ normally. Just yesterday I started having a few issues with my bike just dying out while coming to a stop or stopping at a stop light and can feel it idling real low right before it dies out. When it dies I start it up with a little rev and keep on going. I have messed with the idle, cleaned out the carb and just today drained all the gas and cleaned the petcock making sure there was no contaminants. I was hoping some of you heisters can help me out a bit with pinpointing the problem. I recently added a new race carb by weaver rides and G&D exhaust and not sure if that has anything to do with it. Has anyone had anything like this happen with their heist? I would really like some input. I will be changing the oil tomorrow to see if that helps. Any suggestions on oil? Please let me know of anything I can do to fix the problem. I love this thing and might be thinking of selling it if I can't get it squared away. Please, any help would be great.
    Attached Images

2. #1512 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Wish I could help Tacoma and don't know where everyone has gone :(

That said, I'll be ordering a seat tomorrow

174.jpg

Can't wait!

3. #1513 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
    ... Just yesterday I started having a few issues with my bike just dying out while coming to a stop or stopping at a stop light and can feel it idling real low right before it dies out.

I"ve got this too.

My bike is brand spanking new. About three weeks old. Took it back to the dealer, they fiddled a bit, and declared it fixed. still happens, but not as much.

as a side note, as i was leaving the dealer with my newly fixed, brand new Heist...

was waiting at a red light when an idiotic driver came slowly up behind me and crunched in my rear fender.

I have a total of ZERO "trouble free days" of riding my bike.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I changed the oil Monday night with full synthetic and it seemed to run better but still stalling out on me. I turned the idle way up then it probably should be and it hasn't happened again just yet but it has only been 2 days so we will see today what happens. I posted the bike on Craigslist to see if I had some offers and I have a lot of people interested. Thanks for the help and I love the seat btw! I hope some of the saviors on this site tune back in soon to give us some input! I hope all works out well with everyone else and their bikes.

5. #1515 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Question for all owners and ex of Tha Heist

Is this bike worth keeping for the long run? I'm not worried about the issues I had with the forward controls cause easy enough to fix for me. Today while looking at my bike as if for the first time I noticed that the speedo was crooked. I haven't bumped or dropped the bike. Not examining things closely enough I opened up the speedo and was disappointed in it's construction- all plastic. I mean all plastic. My Tomos Moped came with a plastic chrome housing but a sealed metal speedo. I discovered that it was crooked because the cable hits the headlight as it leaves the casing- twisting it to an angle. No fix for this. I also discovered that the metal to which the speedo attaches is soft as hell.

I know I could buy a new speedo and make a new mount in the future or whatever but I was going to spend $299 on a seat tomorrow and am now wondering if I should sell this while so new...

So I need a pep talk. Did we pay for the frame and engine but a lot of other stuff is cheap chinese? Don't get me wrong- my 150cc was chinese. Is Tha Heist worth investing in- for the long run?

Thanx,
    Xeta

6. #1516 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Question for all owners and ex of Tha Heist

Is this bike worth keeping for the long run? I'm not worried about the issues I had with the forward controls cause easy enough to fix for me. Today while looking at my bike as if for the first time I noticed that the speedo was crooked. I haven't bumped or dropped the bike. Not examining things closely enough I opened up the speedo and was disappointed in it's construction- all plastic. I mean all plastic. My Tomos Moped came with a plastic chrome housing but a sealed metal speedo. I discovered that it was crooked because the cable hits the headlight as it leaves the casing- twisting it to an angle. No fix for this. I also discovered that the metal to which the speedo attaches is soft as hell.

I know I could buy a new speedo and make a new mount in the future or whatever but I was going to spend $299 on a seat tomorrow and am now wondering if I should sell this while so new...

So I need a pep talk. Did we pay for the frame and engine but a lot of other stuff is cheap chinese? Don't get me wrong- my 150cc was chinese. Is Tha Heist worth investing in- for the long run?

Thanx,
    Xeta
    Hang in there. We purchased a low priced bike from china.
    It's a canvas from which you build.
    Yes you will find 'cheap' componets, but otherwise the builder could not sell it for a value.
    I have a DF, with more problems than a Heist.
    At least you've got Cleaveland Motor works,Pitt and Weaver to help you.
    Enjoy & improve.Tank Paint 002.jpg

7. #1517 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanx for replying GR. I did know that going in, yet still easy to forget. Believe me I researched this for months before buying it and still wonder if a used Rebel might serve better. But a Rebel doesn't look like Tha Heist! I was a split second away from ordering the DF, after a Heist dealer tried to screw me over weeks before with a rusted-sun-worn Heist being sold as new (take breath here) thank God I didn't accept it (Tempest Cycyles) and they still got $140 for re-stock fee!!!! But after that deal went through I put an order in for the DF and at that same instant PIT Motors came through with a 'new' Heist for me...

Anywho, your bike looks awesome!

Best,
    Xeta

8. #1518 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    I'm feeling a little better now, maybe, so you may have read that earlier I made two forward control spacers to raise the foot pegs. That worked great until I realized the edges of the metal I used started to rust. Early this morning I ordered this;

DSCN0012_1.jpg

for $11 shipped. Stainless steel should get 2 pieces out of it. Hope the holes match. Will post pictures if it works. Riding with my foot in the shift zone makes shifting easier IMO. I'll deal with the speedo later now that I have seen the insides. And yes, I'll probably buy that Brass Balls seat tomorrow. What the hell.... :0

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've had second thoughts too Xeta and just want to say despite all the problems and fixes along the way I am still very satisfied with my bike. No where else can you get such an awesome bobber style with so many possibilities for the price. It's worth it just for the amount of attention you get. Just today i had a guy ask me if i built the bike myself and was blown away when i told them what it was. I also debated the honda rebel but its not nearly as much fun to own. I say make it your own and the little things that aren't so great will eventually be replace. Btw after turning up my idle a bit more then it seems should be my bike is running much stronger. I will keep personalizing it for me and when things go wrong I will do my best to fix it. The more I learn now the better i will be with others in the future. Maybe some day I could be talking to some guy about the hard tail I built myself.

10. #1520 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Senior
    I've heard both the DF and Heist owners talk about all the attention these bikes get. Bobbers are cool for sure but, this morning I realized that if I wanted to add saddle bags I'd have to move the turn signals and grind down the mount tabs yes? I'd never even thought about that! ARRRGGGH! Saddle bags are a great add-on, what were they thinking? At least with the DF the signals are on the fender... went to sleep feeling better about it and this morning am a little pissed....

And in other news I spent a good time googling speedometers. Wouldn't this look cool on the bike?

bridgestone.JPG

It's a NOS Bridgestone 200. Wonder how off it would be and if the cable would fit it.