Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 170 of 171 FirstFirst ... 20120150160168169170171 LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1708
  1. #1691 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I just came back from the dealer and he has tha Heist listed and being sold as a 2015. He also has the rest of the CCW bikes there. Here is the link to the dealer here in San Antonio Texas. http://www.tmsbodacious.com/ They have some Heist still in the crate they just got in.

2. #1692 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I looked around and the bikes look good. I am really considering buying one of the Heist. They are bigger than I though.

3. #1693 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by HawksHobby View Post
    I just came back from the dealer and he has tha Heist listed and being sold as a 2015. He also has the rest of the CCW bikes there. Here is the link to the dealer here in San Antonio Texas. http://www.tmsbodacious.com/ They have some Heist still in the crate they just got in.
    Something is not right I checked again and they do not have anything on the EPA list for 2015?

They also have the Ace on their website listed as a 2015 and for sale online…
    The last EPA certificates are in 2013 : DCCWC.250QJC-001
    It is possible that they are late entries, they do have certificates for 2016? A whole bunch!
    Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Heist (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Heist Deluxe (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Heist General (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Heist Muscle (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Heist R (Model),
    Cleveland CycleWerks(Make) Heist Scrambler (Model)
    Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Misfit (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Misfit Deluxe (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Misfit RR (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Misfit Tracker (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Misfit Ultra Deluxe
    Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Ace (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Ace Bratstyle (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Ace Cafe' (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Ace Deluxe (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Ace Muscle (Model),
    Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Ace Scrambler (Model), Cleveland CycleWerks (Make) Ace Tracker (Model)
    ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG6369.pdf

New is 2016, but who knows?
    They list the manufacturer for the Heist as Qingqi Rhon, same as it always has been, but the Misfit now has Qingqi Dalong as its OEM and Jinan Qingqi for the Ace. The Engines still all as Lifan.

If you want to verify the year...then enter the first three character off the vehicle Identification Tag on the bike here into the field named "WMI", That will bring up the files for decoding the VIN, the documents are hyperlinked tell you how to determine the year.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-23-2015 at 01:16 AM.

4. #1694 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    And, I understand these bikes are not legal in California, so some sellers in that state have dropped them. That's what I was told by a dealer. Since I live in Hawaii, I was looking in to someone in the San Diego area, because that is close to a company that ships motorcycle to Hawaii via their ships.
    yeah all of them are only approved for sale in 49 states, for 2016.

5. #1695 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hmm, We have 2014's and 2015's here in Canada.

On another note, when I am in 3rd gear on my Heist if I roll into full throttle its like the engine bogs and I have to back off the throttle so that the bike can continue to accelerate. Is this normal given the power output of the engine? Bike is stock.

6. #1696 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    That type carburetor has an accelerator pump, it’s supposed to add more fuel when you pull the throttle. It’s the part on the side were the second cable attaches to, if you are opening the throttle it should squirt in gas, it has a spring on it I believe. It may be that I do not have one like that but they all work on the same principal a spring and tension opens and closes it.

7. #1697 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    That type carburetor has an accelerator pump, it’s supposed to add more fuel when you pull the throttle. It’s the part on the side were the second cable attaches to, if you are opening the throttle it should squirt in gas, it has a spring on it I believe. It may be that I do not have one like that but they all work on the same principal a spring and tension opens and closes it.
    Good to know! Thanks for the input I will check that out.

8. #1698 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Well I went back to the dealer and ordered my Heist yesterday. I talked the wife into me getting one. She is not a bike person. I cant wait to get it home this week and ride. I ordered the mat black. I have a few small mods in mind right off. 12" ape with new cables and brake hose, straight ex to make it load and add the kick start. I figure all the negatives I have run across is things coming loose like the plate I can live with. The engine and main components seam to be solid and I love the look. So I am buying one. I do have to say the dealer does not know much about the bikes they are selling. He told me they were 100% made in the USA. I also straightened him out on the year of the bike. He has it listed as a 2015. When I confronted him with the EPA cert he was fast to tell me it was a 2013 and it is new in the crate. I seen it. But his short comings aside I will get mine next week. He is going to title it and inspect the bike with the Texas DMV and I should have it mid week.

Banned
    One spec in inches one is metric
    0.001 thousands of an inch is 0.0254mm

10. #1700 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have had my Heist for 2 weeks and have put 300 miles on it. Nothing has come loose and have had no issues as of this post. It rides a lot better than I thought it would. No mods yet. It runs highway speeds fine. I run 60-65 to work with out rapping it out. I am about 160lbs , 5'9" tall. So far I think I made a great choice in buying this bike. I have put about $6 in gas.