Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 22 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2122021222324324272 ... LastLast
  1. #211 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb96gt View Post
    Great pics! Awesome to get some miles in eh?

The G&D pipe is great. I've got the long pipe. What a difference it makes. I did rejet my carb however.

FYI - Right now I'm running 102 main, 45 pilot and washer under the needle. No pops, starts instantly with no choke and runs like a champ.
    Yeah, that's the same one I ordered, did you try running it without the jet mods, if so what caused you to do the rejet? I saw/heard Scott's bike running in person, it seemed to fire right up and run just fine.

I've stated before I'm not mechanical at all (though I have aspirations to be), is putting the new exhaust on pretty straight forward? Time estimate?

2. #212 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    the clutch position is ont he left here too wouldnt change it for which side of the road since we cna ride in the other side in Europe legally if our insurance covers it properly i suspect its teh same reason the suicide shifter never took off taking your hands off the controls not a good idea especially if its windy only difference between bikes that ride on the the right/left hand side of teh road is the direction in which the lights are pointed for this we have to put tape at certain points so not to dazzle on coming drivers if we drive in europe

3. #213 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by turner82 View Post
    Yeah, that's the same one I ordered, did you try running it without the jet mods, if so what caused you to do the rejet? I saw/heard Scott's bike running in person, it seemed to fire right up and run just fine.

I've stated before I'm not mechanical at all (though I have aspirations to be), is putting the new exhaust on pretty straight forward? Time estimate?
    Don't worry man, owning a motorcycle you'll get mechanical pretty quick. Take your time with any mods you do and try to see the "why" not just the "how".

I did run it with stock jetting for a while. It runs fine like that and is just a little lean. Mine was backfiring and popping when getting off the gas at high revs. Rejetting and tuning the carb cleared it up. Removing the air pump from the motor will help that also.

Putting the pipe on is probably the easiest mod I've done yet. There's only 3 bolts. 20 minutes at the most for a first timer?
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

4. #214 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    some guy
    " Removing the air pump from the motor will help that also."

I've been looking to get rid of all the extra crap from the motor but don't know what I should or shouldn't take off. Is there info on what can go?

5. #215 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lewnor View Post
    " Removing the air pump from the motor will help that also."

I've been looking to get rid of all the extra crap from the motor but don't know what I should or shouldn't take off. Is there info on what can go?
    I'd also be interested in this if anyone can point to a guide (or create one themselves)

And thanks for the heads up Kevin, glad to hear it's easy to do. I figured it was "direct bolt-on" sounds like a snap, but you never know, it could be like the "some assembly required" stickers we've seen and dreaded before :D

6. #216 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    here take a look

used the piece to make an Aluminium gasket and kept the gasket that the blower had. i have since painted it black
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #217 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Good pics Gardo. The only thing I'd add is that you gotta cap off the line from the carb ot the pump. Just cut it and screw a bolt into it.

There are some posts on here that go into more detail if you need it as well. I think barnone shared what he did with his df bobber.

Put over 50 highway miles this past weekend. 60-70 mph no prob, but damn the shitty roads around here. I was keeping it around 60 and felt great. At one point I realized I had no tail or brake light. Found the light had loosened up just enough to lose the ground. Quick fix back in business, loctite it when I get around to it.

Take it easy guys, enjoy the sun if you see it.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

8. #218 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    I did about 80 miles on saturday night, left the house after the rain, met some folks at a car show and went bar hopping on the bike. i was the smallest bike but I kept up and rode with pride. Kept up at a pace of 60 -65mph Of course I didn't get home till after 3am LoL... still in the dog house from that.

I also painted the gasket black with some high temp black gloss.
    Almost 800 miles on the bike now. Need to check her all out, chain is starting to get a bit too slack may need to check the valves but i'll do that when i get the carb for the bike

3 weeks till Americade

So here's my question for you heist owners.
    How many miles/km do you have on the bike?
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #219 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    some guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    here take a look

used the piece to make an Aluminium gasket and kept the gasket that the blower had. i have since painted it black
    I'm having trouble seeing what you took out around the carb.

10. #220 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    100_4142b.jpg

Take a look at the red circle
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders