Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 51 of 171 FirstFirst ... 314149505152536171101 ... LastLast
  1. #501 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    WK2 - it looks good on ya, I can tell you right off the bat that it has the Weaver Pipe mod on the bike. I'd know that mod anywhere.
    I'm a buck 85 @ 5'7 and the bike would boogie before I had the carb modded. Now she just flies.
    That pipe will do a lot for performance and sound of the motor.

Good luck with the HH6
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #502 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Thanks Gardo,,,

The dealer kept saying to cut him a check and he would help me load it up in the back of my Hummer ...

I think I went over every inch of the bike three times getting used to where everything was located... I followed all the hoses and wiring from their start point to end point and must say it is a very well laid out system... I might relocate the CDI under the seat like you did and was wondering if you have noticed it getting hot there and does it get good airflow to cool the heat sink fins down ???

Take It Easy

WK2

3. #503 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Thats actually the regulator under the seat, the CDI is in the electrical container. I have to give it to Scott the bike is very well laid out, minus the regulator. I had it moved cause my jack kept hitting it. I have actually had a better result with it there dont have to worry about the road debris or it getting wet after a rain.

And Yes i have been caught in the rain with the bike, for 2 hrs straight with no cover. It felt like a friggin monsoon. Not a lot of fun but the bike handled well
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

4. #504 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    all right i read through all 51 pages of this thread and it sounds like the weaver modded carb is available for purchase for 100 correct? i imagine i would just have to call him to get things squared away with the purchase. and as far as the install of the carb, is there anything to it or is it pretty straight forward? also if i was to do the carb mod is there something else that would be beneficial to do while i was in the process of this? i currently have an exhaust on my bike, thats the only thing i've done to it as of the moment. still waiting on the part from pit to be able to ride it without issue, but should be here tomorrow. and here is a picture of my bike, (second day of owning, i have since wrapped 3/4 of the exhaust to keep from melting my shoe to it. haha) hopefully i loaded the image right.......... if not my apologies.

5. #505 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Looks good MK2 i had a similar melted shoe mark on my pipe prior to wrapping

The carb will enhance the performance you get when you ride and really feed the beast. Give Tom a call tomorrow and talk to him. IDK what your level of wrenching is but it was pretty straight forward to me.
    talk to tom and he can give you the lowdown
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

6. #506 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    i have rebuilt a vr6 motor out of a 93 vw passat, and have done 6 engine swaps in my cars, but all of those are newer volkswagens, and none are carb'd. i've never really messed with anything other than fuel injected stuff, and absolutely have never messed with a bike, aside from my 79 yamaha trial 80, but that doesn't count because it is running on the shear will of god alone! hahaha but i will call him tomorrow and see if i can't become the owner of a weaver modded carb for my work in progress.

7. #507 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    hell then you shouldn't have any issues at all, its a simple setup. Ride safe man
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #508 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    tail end customs and Scotty of CCW both did Clip On and it looked sweet. I use the B&G Sheer Power Synthetic which is a 10 W 30 oil. I think the royal purple should be fine but I can check it out for you
    My bad its Tempest Cycles in FL that had done the clip on bars and 10-40w in a Petroleum based oil, 10-30W in a Synthetic. Royal Purple is an excellent oil.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #509 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Thats actually the regulator under the seat, the CDI is in the electrical container. I have to give it to Scott the bike is very well laid out, minus the regulator. I had it moved cause my jack kept hitting it. I have actually had a better result with it there dont have to worry about the road debris or it getting wet after a rain.

And Yes i have been caught in the rain with the bike, for 2 hrs straight with no cover. It felt like a friggin monsoon. Not a lot of fun but the bike handled well
    Gardo,,,

Good catch on the Reg,,, I don't know how I got it confused with the CDI...

could be because I am used to see this on 150cc dirt bikes and I assumed that is what it was on the Heist

I was wondering about the rain getting into the electronic faux oil bag through the opening where the wiring harness was going into it,,, but since you didn't have any issues with your 2hrs monsoon that sets my mind at ease...

Thank You for answering my question and I am sure I will have more...

WK2

10. #510 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    WK2 - there is also a rubber grommet that the wires pass through from the electrical container it seam pretty tight in there and no issues with water. While I was at Americade the bike got soaked a few times.
    I thought that was the CDI as well at first till I popped the tank and saw the lil CDI box LoL.

Keep the questions coming, without sounding like I'm bragging i dont think there is anyone, not professionally associated with either PIT Motors or CCW, that knows this bike better than i do.
    I am up and down my bike at least twice a week, because I'm OCD like that
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders