Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 52 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2324250515253546272102 ... LastLast
  1. #511 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well got to messing around with the bike tonight, took the exhaust off to see what will be needed to make my own. Also, opened up the electrical box to see about idea I had about putting switches in there, but there is absolutely no extra room so looks like I will be either extending it or fabricating a whole new one...its just never as easy in practice as it seems in your head haha

And I was just reading up on the CCW blog and turns out the place I work for had a booth setup with Scott and the CCW bikes last year, wish I would have known this connection and could have gotten the hook up on my bike ha. Small world

2. #512 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Keep the questions coming, without sounding like I'm bragging i dont think there is anyone, not professionally associated with either PIT Motors or CCW, that knows this bike better than i do.
    I am up and down my bike at least twice a week, because I'm OCD like that
    here's some for you..... if i were to get clip on bars, what size are the fork tubes on our bikes? where did you get your tool bag from? what diameter handlebars do we have? are you running a stock battery still (i.e. the maintenance battery) if you are not what battery are you running? i've been looking into a sealed battery just to get rid of the possibility of the battery leaking in the box again and corroding the shit out of it! is there any real benefits to removing the emissions junk on these bikes, powerwise? are grips hard to change? are bars hard to change? and last but not least..... are there any performance mods recommended other than the weaver carb and exhaust that would help my bike get up to speed and stay there? :) hahaha questions are open to anyone that has an answer, not just directed to gardo, but do appreciate all the help! like i said, it's my first bike and i want to get some stuff for it but want to make sure that what i buy will indeed fit!!! most likely will have a ton more questions..... just a heads up. hahaha

3. #513 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    MK2,,,

The Handlebars are 7/8" diameter ( http://www.sideroadcycles.com/Import...dlebars78.html ),,, grips can be found on e-bay and make sure you get a extra throttle tube just in case you mess up your original while replacing the grips ( if it's the plastic style throttle tube )...

For clip ons you can get those from lowbrow customs : http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=37

I have also seen people use clubman bars and had them turned to where they were at the same height as clip ons without having to measure the fork tube diameter ( just a thought )...

I hope that helps

WK2

4. #514 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    1. If i were to get clip on bars, what size are the fork tubes on our bikes?
    I think the forks are 55mm or 58mm, I'm verifying that and should have an answer later this morning.

2. where did you get your tool bag from?
    EBAY, where one can get almost anything

3. what diameter handlebars do we have?
    The bars are 7/8 diameter

4a.are you running a stock battery still (i.e. the maintenance battery)
    Yes i am still on the stock battery been doing real well so far, I will be changing it out to a sealed battery at the start of the next riding season Something like this

4b.if you are not what battery are you running? i've been looking into a sealed battery just to get rid of the possibility of the battery leaking in the box again and corroding the shit out of it!
    haven't had a problem with a leaky battery

5. is there any real benefits to removing the emissions junk on these bikes, powerwise?
    I felt that the bike ran better, some will say no, but I know the feel of my bike and without the emission stuff my bike responded better. Not to mention that it cleans up the engine area nicely

6. are grips hard to change?
    If you are swapping the bars no, but the throttle control can crack if you are not careful. I destroyed one in the process on getting my new grips on it. I am thinking when i redo my bars and grips I will go with a metal assembly

7.are bars hard to change?
    Easy peezy 12 threezy. Just remember that the risers are set for the stock bars, I had to add a steering limiter to the left side to keep my drags from hitting the tank

8. are there any performance mods recommended other than the weaver carb and exhaust that would help my bike get up to speed and stay there?
    Oh boy, isnt that a loaded question. There are anumber of things that weaver does. The Pipe and the carb are the cheapest and easiest of the mods.
    There is gearing change, swapping the sprockets.
    Milling the head, which was just mean. He's doing one up for me now.
    Porting and polishing the intake
    Larger carb
    Hell he has so many things going on.

here's a Vid of a head he had milled
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #515 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Jers,
    This started when Gardo made the claim that the Dong Fang was an illegal copy of the Heist I guess told to him by CCW or Pit.
    The point is that the Heist is a modified copy of the Hardknock 200 not the Hardknock 125.

Hardknock 200

Heist

The story is that the CCW guy had a falling out with the Hardknock guy and went to China and got the Hardknock 200 bike modified.
    even on the pictures it's all different just same bobbers posted on the same angle i can't see any parts alike i don't want to be sarcastic but maybe they use same guage/color wires or same size bolts and nuts.
    i've built knocks for several years now and i have numerous conversations with mr.scott long before the heist was release.
    scott had built a knock before and maybe got the idea to make his own but not a modified 200cc knock. and i also have a chance to look up-close on a pag barhog.

i love all kinds of lower cost bobbers - pag, ccw, knocks, dongfang, unik...... they all bobbers but totally different bikes. thanks

6. #516 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Just a heads up guys... I got a cheap micrometer when I got this bike. Non-digital sliding ruler style. It measures everything and has been invaluable. Fork tubes, bars, carb intake, jet lengths etc. Use that tool all the time and it wasn't even five bucks.

Edit: My bad it's called a caliper and here's an example:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...iper-7914.html
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

7. #517 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb96gt View Post
    Just a heads up guys... I got a cheap micrometer when I got this bike. Non-digital sliding ruler style. It measures everything and has been invaluable. Fork tubes, bars, carb intake, jet lengths etc. Use that tool all the time and it wasn't even five bucks.
    Great tip Kev, Thanks
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #518 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    the fork size is 37mm at the top
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #519 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    opened the bike up on a backroad today, it was pulling 80mph. Like Gardo has said before, not recommended, but glad to know it can get there. Also I snapped this today:

It's at an old mental hospital just a few miles from my house

10. #520 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Explains a lot LoL - Great shot Bro thanks for sharing
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders