Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CCW tha Heist

Page 53 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3334351525354556373103 ... LastLast
  1. #521 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    and now everyone knows where I escaped from

2. #522 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Al from PIT Motors LTD, contacted me and he want to make a page on the PIT site that will have all of the riders from the CCW thread show their bikes with name and state. Like a Picture book on the Web. He was thinking maybe why we chose the Heist and what we liked about the bike.
    If you are interested email the pictures to Al at alan@pitmotorsltd.com. Send him your favorite shot.

Thx
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #523 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    Went out today and rode for roughly 3 Hrs....... got out into the country and ohio is flat as hell.... I knew this beforehand but didn't realize how much the wind would affect me, apparently had 35mph wind gusts, and definitely felt them. Scariest ride I've taken. Probably just put around town for the rest of the day, due to the fact of being scared of falling over

4. #524 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2gtirob View Post
    Went out today and rode for roughly 3 Hrs....... got out into the country and ohio is flat as hell.... I knew this beforehand but didn't realize how much the wind would affect me, apparently had 35mph wind gusts, and definitely felt them. Scariest ride I've taken. Probably just put around town for the rest of the day, due to the fact of being scared of falling over
    If you bear down while you ride the wind isn't so bad. i've been caught by some nasty gusts and I get ya
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #525 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, new hear. I seem to have developed an obsession with Tha Heist. All the info I have read here reinforces that but I have a technical question I haven't seen addressed. What is the output of the magneto system? Does anyone have any data on it? How about a schematic of the electrical system? I'm an electrician by trade with a degree in electronics so I tend to dwell on such things.

6. #526 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    C-Moto Regular
    so i think friday i am pulling the trigger on the weaver carb. :) still cant decide on bars though! why so many options. have it narrowed to low rise drags (super narrow) or the clip ons. i've got a couple days to think it over.

7. #527 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by KawboyBob View Post
    Hi guys, new hear. I seem to have developed an obsession with Tha Heist. All the info I have read here reinforces that but I have a technical question I haven't seen addressed. What is the output of the magneto system? Does anyone have any data on it? How about a schematic of the electrical system? I'm an electrician by trade with a degree in electronics so I tend to dwell on such things.
    Hey Bob,

I think its between 15 - 25 Kilovolts but will need to check. There is a wire schematic in the manual, but the manual sux LoL.
    I might see if I can find it and scan it up
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

8. #528 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Hey Bob - new here also and almost ready to buy the heist as you are. Like Gardo says, unfortunately manuals from China even Taiwan are are battered verbally, or 'Chinglished'. Really sucks. I'd rather see IKEA make a manual.

9. #529 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Quote Originally Posted by scootdog11 View Post
    Hey Bob - new here also and almost ready to buy the heist as you are. Like Gardo says, unfortunately manuals from China even Taiwan are are battered verbally, or 'Chinglished'. Really sucks. I'd rather see IKEA make a manual.
    Welcome Scootdog PIT is writing up a new manual for the bike. They are going through it piece by piece and their lead engineer is taking care of it.
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #530 Re: CCW tha Heist 
    Thanks Gardo - and great to hear about the manual re-vamp. Just want to say I've been interested in tha heist since last fall, and now that I've found this forum from doing some hard digging - and even more this buzzing thread, I can now say I'm most likely going to get one. I've corresponded with Brett at PIT, and if that's not enough, if others like me knew about what they (and of course Scott C.) stand for, and the support that can be found here, I think they'd all be sold.